problems with connecting to links

If you have problems or questions regarding the forums, the wiki, or any other part of the Eilistraee.com site then this is the place to ask. This includes bugs you run into, things that seem wrong, spelling errors, questions about ranks and experience points and such, etc. Please first make certain that your question hasn’t already been answered.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

problems with connecting to links

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I don't know if it is just me but there are times when I try to connect to a link here in the forums and it either 1] times out, 2] dumps me saying the link is broken or 3] crashes the browser entirely.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I use both IE & Firefox and both are patched and upto date.

It'n not my laptop either as I have logged in from other computers all with the same problems.

It's getting on my nerves :/
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

DoesItMatterWho
Maid
Maid

Post by DoesItMatterWho »

I have seen similar problems on other forums, and the resulting advice was always to try a different background.

If, for example, you have "moonlight silver" chosen (if that is one of our options) ... try "midnight blue" instead.

It has worked before, as I said, on other servers. I hope this helps you here.
Always remember - you can't have manslaughter without laughter.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Re: problems with connecting to links

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Talwyn Aureliano":2m84q314]I don't know if it is just me but there are times when I try to connect to a link here in the forums and it either 1] times out, 2] dumps me saying the link is broken or 3] crashes the browser entirely.

Does anyone else have this problem?[/quote:2m84q314]
Aye, I've had problems with it being unable to reach the site every now and again (no crashes though). Usually only lasts a few seconds where a refresh or three resolves it. And not just with the forums, but with other parts of the site (including a members database for an AoC guild a run, which has no images or much of anything at all).

I've already contacted my host, but considering that there seems to be no specific time that it happens and only seems to last so briefly it might be difficult to track down.

I'll pursue it again with them though; so far I thought that it might've just been me. But if you're having issues as well then I can add that to the information I give them. The more people tell me that they're having problems the more I can show them that there truly is a problem to fix.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Alright, they're telling me to send screenshots of when this happens. So if you have this happen, please screenshot it and send it to me.

Thanks. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee