I've looked at all the extensions and made sure they all work, as well as install a couple of new ones. I also put back in the manual modifications like the nicer formatted search page.
I also spent quite some time pretty much creating my own extension, or to be more precise merge two similar extensions together. Namely merging the Cite
extension and the Biblio
The new extension (which I'm calling BiblioCite
) has all the functionality of Cite and most of the functionality (all that I was interested in) of Biblio. Basically it adds to Cite the ability to have reference sources defined on another page, so that you can have one central location on the wiki with all the books and such you have. I included the functionality to use the ISBN database, but not the functionality to use PubMed ids (since I seriously doubt we'll use it). I also added some additional functionality like the ability to hide references. And after this weekend it's finally in a state where I'm happy with it.
I also did a fair amount of work on a skin. For me such work usually comes in five steps: graphical design, technical design, implementation, conversion to skin and testing. Graphical design is designing the looks and creating the images, usually making some multi-layer mock-up in PSP. Technical design includes trying all the technical things and how the html/css functionality would work and can be done concurrent with the first step. Implementation is merging the first two steps together and actually turning the graphical design into a function (single) web-page. At the end of this step you usually have a single page with mock-up text that looks and functions the way you want the skin to. Then turning it into a skin tends to be the most complicated step as you have to cut up the code for your single page and replace parts of it with things for the skin, etc. Finally testing is both making certain that the skin works in all cases and testing it on a variety of browsers. And at any step you might have to re-visit any of the previous steps.
After that explanation that you're probably not at all interested in I can tell you that both of the first two steps I've got largely complete. I know how (almost, have one more thing I should test) everything is going to work and I've got a nearly complete graphical design that I'm very happy with; if it works out it'll probably be the best looking site I've made to date (I'd give you a sneak preview, except that if things have to change then the end result might end up being disappointing). I have to do a little bit more work on the title text which I'm not 100% happy with yet and want to include a dividing bar between the text and the top.
Of course, that means that there's still a fair amount of work left to be done on that, but we don't have to wait on a skin to start using the wiki and filling it in with information. My intention is to move across everything from the temple site and possibly make a couple of stub pages that can then be slowly filled out. I do honestly believe that we, together, can turn this into the best source of Eilistraee information on the web (or anywhere else for that matter).
And I feel that we're definitely getting there; now we have to start using it.