Minor Problem with openning threads

If you have problems or questions regarding the forums, the wiki, or any other part of the Eilistraee.com site then this is the place to ask. This includes bugs you run into, things that seem wrong, spelling errors, questions about ranks and experience points and such, etc. Please first make certain that your question hasn’t already been answered.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Minor Problem with openning threads

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this issue, or if it is something to do with the 'net but I've noticed that when I try to open certain threads here, all that happens is that it just hangs, not openning. Specificallly if you try to open a certain page of a thread to read.

You can read the thread though by clicking on the main title line which takes you to page one but as you progress in the thread the delay gets worse and eventually you get stuck again.
However, I've discovered that if you hit post reply in the thread, you can then at least read what the latest posts are. :uh-huh:

Very odd.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

First, moved the topic to forum help, since the bug reports forum is meant for server bug reports (and since we don't have a server yet there's no bugs to report yet).

As to the delays; I'm not sure what that is. Could be the website being slow, but it sounds like there's something in the forum software that's slowing down as you get further down the thread (as if it also tries to get all the posts from previous pages). Though I haven't really noticed that much of a problem with it.

Anyone else having these issues?

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Dragonessa
Maid
Maid

Post by Dragonessa »

I have noticed that opening threads takes a bit more time than it should. For me it seems to hang for about 5 seconds before getting to where it should go. (Heh, 5 seconds... I remember on dialup ages ago it was more like 5 minutes to load some pages.... :angel: )

Ahem, but I haven't encountered a thread that hangs Firefox yet.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I'm still encountereing this problem with threads hanging.

Today I tried to post a reply in the roleplaying thread "Banshee" and when I hit submit, it just hung for 5 minutes, then eventually went to 404 error, losing me all that I typed up >:(

So I re typed it and again, same result >:(

3rd time, and with a lot less text it worked :roll:
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

I have had similiar troubles, but also, i started my own thread today, and fifteen minutes later it was gone, i have no idea what happened
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Bergeth'fryn":1m885w3e]I have had similiar troubles, but also, i started my own thread today, and fifteen minutes later it was gone, i have no idea what happened[/quote:1m885w3e]

I moved it to theology as the thread did not belong in RP.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Not sure what's going on with the delays; to be honest I've noticed it too being slow at times (in fact, as I type this another tab is still trying to submit). I'm not sure if that's the forum software being slow or the server being slow or something else. But it's not nice. :/

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee