Mass Effect on PC: May 2008

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Mass Effect on PC: May 2008

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Though we always suspected that Mass Effect would be ported to the PC sooner or later, in a complete surprise announcement BioWare just today announced that not only will it indeed come to the PC, but it'll be coming as early as May 2008 (which is about a year earlier than I personally expected).

Read the [url=http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/my ... 0:32rkgerq]official announcement[/url:32rkgerq]:
[quote:32rkgerq]BioWare and EA are very pleased and proud to announce Mass Effect for the PC. The game is will be released for the PC in [b:32rkgerq]May 2008[/b:32rkgerq].

Published by EA and re-designed for the PC, Mass Effect invites players to take the role of Commander Shepard as they set out on an adventure to save the galaxy from imminent destruction. Wrought with treachery, heroism, difficult decisions and a universe filled with unique and colorful species, Mass Effect delivers a truly compelling storyline.

Optimized for the PC, Mass Effect for the PC incorporates the following features:
[list:32rkgerq][*:32rkgerq]Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.[/*:m:32rkgerq]
[*:32rkgerq]High resolution visuals – Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.[/*:m:32rkgerq]
[*:32rkgerq]Fully customizable controls – PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.[/*:m:32rkgerq]
[*:32rkgerq]Run & Gun Control – Players can assign biotic powers or skills to ‘hot keys’ allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.[/*:m:32rkgerq]
[*:32rkgerq]New decryption mini-game.[/*:m:32rkgerq]
[*:32rkgerq]New inventory screen GUI and functionality – The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.[/*:m:32rkgerq][/list:u:32rkgerq][/quote:32rkgerq]
They've also posted a [url=http://masseffect.bioware.com/gallery/i ... s:32rkgerq]number of screenshots[/url:32rkgerq] of the PC version.

I can't tell yuu how happy I am about this. Was quite upset that I couldn't play another great BioWare rpg (and wasn't about to buy an Xbox360 just for any one game). After Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire (and judging from the sounds I've heard regarding the Xbox360 game) I am certain that this one is again going to be fantastic. :D

In completely unrelated news, [url=http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/spore/85143 ... 1:32rkgerq]Spore also has a release date[/url:32rkgerq] now, marked to be in stores on September 7[sup:32rkgerq]th[/sup:32rkgerq] 2008.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Aelistae
Maid
Maid

Post by Aelistae »

Well I've played this and I can promise you you won't be disappointed!

It's the most wonderfully cinematic of games, and fuses that with a brilliant story. The only down side of Mass Effect is that by the end you're left wanting more. :'(