Board Updated

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Board Updated

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

As you might have noticed I've updated the forum software. Hopefully people should be able to log in normally again (as evident by how seconds after I did spam bots were trying to post messages again). And hopefully there shouldn't be any error message anymore either.

That said there's also a bunch of things still not working.

With the new update several of the website pages no longer work, particularly the news page and the members pages. And similarly the rss feed doesn't work anymore. I have to fix those, but that'll come later.

Also with the update to the new forum software a number of the few mods I had don't work anymore. Part of this is the points mod I was using to track XP. I think someone is working on updating that mod for the new software, but for the time being that means that nobody is going to get any XP for posting messages. Similarly a few other things aren't working anymore (you might note youtube UBBCode tags in post that no longer work).

There are probably more things that don't work or don't work as expected and I'd appreciate it if you let me know so that I can have a look at fixing them. I've also got a few other plans for the site that I'll look at when fixing some of the other issues I've mentioned, but that'll come later.

At least at the moment logging in and posting should, hopefully be working again. If you have any issues then please let me know and we'll try to sort them out.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Re: Board Updated

Post by Irennan »

Cool! Thanks for your work.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

And it seems that the spam-bots are out in force. I just had 600 spam messages "waiting approval" and they're also mass-spamming my email now. Great. Luckily it's easy enough to get rid of, there's just a small risk that I'll also disapprove legitimate posts. If that's the case, then my apologies and please try again.

I'm also strongly considering going through the user database and deleting all accounts with 0 approved posts or such. Though I'm not sure if that's going to help with the spam bots. Unfortunately the new forum code also means that the mod I had to help more easily administrate user accounts no longer works so might have to do it on the database directly.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Yay for the fix, not good for the bots.
Kaote Bruchedaine
Maid
Maid

Post by Kaote Bruchedaine »

I just found out last night when flipping through the pages on my phone. The new layout is quite a bit more mobile friendly. The news is eagerly received and will gladly begin working on getting some fresh faces around here.