Login Problems

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Login Problems

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[b:1cvvmwge][EDIT 20070522][/b:1cvvmwge] I think the issue should now be resolved... though people will still have to delete their eilistraee.com related cookie files (or just delete all of them :p ).

I’m not sure what’s going on, but it seems people might be experiencing login problems. This manifests itself by, upon login in, the board just seems to refresh the page or go to the main index of the forums. It will not log you in and will not give any error message.

It seems to be something to do with cookies, because as soon as I deleted mine everything was fine again. So if you’re having problems clear your cookie data in your browser. For example in FireFox 2 this is in Tools->Options->Privacy->Show Cookies (filter to “eilistraee” and delete all Eilistraee-related cookies). Another possible solution might be trying a different browser (I’ve had some success logging in with IE), presumably because different browsers store cookies in different ways.

And please tell me if you’ve had/are having login problems. Describe to me the exact steps you take, what the exact symptoms are as well as other relevant information such as what Internet Browser you’re using (including what version, IE 6 and IE 7 might react differently). It’s better to have too much detail than too little. You can reply to this post with details, send me a PM or, if you’re having problems logging in, send me an email ([email:1cvvmwge]shirle@eilistraee.com[/email:1cvvmwge]). This way I might be able to track down if it’s browser-specific, if it’s due to some cookie settings, etc.

I’m at work at the moment, so I’ve got limited time (and ability) to look into this in more detail now. And I’m not sure how much time I’ll have tonight. But I’ll keep you updated.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
Last edited by Shir'le E. Illios on Tue May 22, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

I use internet explorer and I just deleted all my cookies (I'm too lazy to search for the right ones). And it worked. Stops the parents knowing what sites I;ve been on too ;)
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

I just set the cookie settings for the forums back to what's adviced they should be... though this seems to have re-introduced the bug with being logged out when viewing the news page, reading the rss-feeds or watching some pages on the temple site.

Ongoing process. :/

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Ok, I think, I [i:2nzn9t2f]hope[/i:2nzn9t2f] I've solved both problems now. Though still keep me informed if you're running into trouble... particularly if you do so [i:2nzn9t2f]after[/i:2nzn9t2f] having deleted your cookies (sometime after this post). Though I'd lso still like to hear if you ran into problems before and deleting the cookie solved it.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

This is driving me nuts.
:3
Tarlyn
Regular

Post by Tarlyn »

Just got home and had to relogin no big deal. Life's too short ta freak on a website :p
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Hey Shirle I'm not having any trouble logging in but I just got the same error message on posting again (though yet again the post loaded anyway).
Titles:

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="Tyrmer":3dfoa6d3]Hey Shirle I'm not having any trouble logging in but I just got the same error message on posting again (though yet again the post loaded anyway).[/quote:3dfoa6d3]
Hmmm, if anyone else is getting error messages after posting a reply (along the lines of "Failed sending email :: PHP ::" and mentioning line 234 and the file emailer.php) then let me know. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but I have trouble seeing how it could be.

And let me know in what topics this is and whether you have email notifications turned on.

Thank you.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

On the mailer error... I've (temporarily) disabled the error message (so even if it goes wrong it goes on as if all went right) until I can look with more detail into the problem.

Of course, the message probably means that it's failing to send notifications to people or something along those lines. But I won't know the details until I can start looking into this (and I've got even less time than usual these days with the new job in London and all).

As always, please keep me informed of any problems and errors you run into.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:24cj8rji]That happened to me too.[/color:24cj8rji]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Gah I FINALLY managed to log in again afterfinally having enough time to delete my cookies AGAIN.
Titles:

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

[quote="Tyrmer":198cv8m1]Gah I FINALLY managed to log in again afterfinally having enough time to delete my cookies AGAIN.[/quote:198cv8m1]
[i:198cv8m1]<hugs>[/i:198cv8m1] Sorry Tyrmer. That's one of the 'benefits' of using IE I guess. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Shayera
Maid
Maid

Post by Shayera »

No problem (so far ;)) on my side. Right now i'm using IE7 - hope this will cause no problems...
Not to try is to admit defeat!

It was curiousity that killed the cat - anonymous
But it got nine lives! - Shayera
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

Been a while since I've last posted here. The issues with the logins are certainly fixed for me.

Using Opera btw.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Nothing to do with this problem, but the forum debugging area was removed aeons ago. Has anyone else ever realised that if you hover your mouse over the Subscribe button, it says the same as the Unsubscribe button, ie "Stop Watching This Thread."
Titles: