Change to Newly Registered Users

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Change to Newly Registered Users

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I've made some changes to the permissions for newly registered users which should pretty much disallow them from doing anything. Someone is considered a "newly registered user" until one of the mods approves a single post.

I don't think this stops them from posting links, but that's something I'm planning do add as well (which required adding another mod to the site).

Additionally I'm planning to do another user purge. We currently have more than 6000 newly registered users which I'll probably get rid of, but I first want to make sure I've got a backup in case I mess something up.

In short, the fight against spam continues.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Change to Newly Registered Users

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The fight goes on, sometimes 30 are detected each 24 hours, sometimes it is less.

Some statistics.
8225 registrations have been processed, last time I looked (It might change as I am typing).

417 users have submitted a post (of that number, some people changed user name so represent two [or more] users, some abusers also have a post record). The true number of Chosen can not be known, some fans clearly may have decided not yet to post but clearly like the on topic content.

The members in good standing currently *checks* 2927 because of user purges in the past.

Of this number I would estimate about 2,500 have joined since Nov. 15, 2013. Some have been banned, but not yet purged, a very few have become members. Active on topic posts tend to be low.

The off topic have been many, electronics, clothing, politics (real world) and other products or services. This is what we find some time spent on to protect the forum.

As Shir'le has said "the fight against spam continues"