Registration Changed

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Registration Changed

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

As you might have noticed we’ve had an influx of spam bots on the forums over the last month or so. This came at a particularly awkward time since for most of that period I was on Christmas holiday.

Since I’ve been back I’ve been looking at a number of solutions to battle the spam bots. But none of them had any effect since they apply to the old (default) registration form and I had long since switched to PCP (Profile Control Panel), which also changes the registration form.

Then I found a way to keep using PCP, but switch back to the old registration form. So I installed then and suddenly all of my other changes (four or so) went into effect. Thus if you now try to register you’ll see that the registration form has drastically changed.

Whether this’ll stop (or even just slow down) the spam bots I don’t know. The buggers tend to be very… persistent. So keep reporting any posts you consider spam and I’ll continue looking for further solutions.

Also, because of the changes I might have broken something with registration. I don’t think I have, but in case you’re encountering problems let me know and I’ll sort it out (if only by switching back to the old system if I can’t fix it).

And let’s pray to the Dark Maiden that we can stop eating canned meat for a while. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Specially Pressed American Meats you mean? ;)
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

:?
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Tyrmer":1s4cthec]Specially Pressed American Meats you mean? ;)[/quote:1s4cthec]
Well, I certainly don't mean Space Planning and Management. :p

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:2oga5sj8]Uhhhhhhchchchch. Spam is sooooooo disgusting.[/color:2oga5sj8]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination