Happy 2007!

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Happy 2007!

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Somewhere in the twilight between the European midnight and the UK midnight, stuck between 2006 and 2007, I wanted o wish you all a very happy New Year, for whenever the new year will start or has started for you.

2006 has been an interesting year for us I think. It saw the move to the new forum system because the hugs thread killed the old on. ;) I think the new one is, in the end, better than the old one so despite the work involved (and always more required) I’m glad of the move. It saw the announcement that I’m working on the [url=http://www.eilistraee.com/temple/main.php:ko1q9kv6]Temple of Eilistraee[/url:ko1q9kv6]. This might forever be a work in progress and I sure could use help writing the articles for it, but I think that once we’ve got some more information on it it’ll be the premier place to look for information on our goddess.

And of course it saw the release of Neverwinter Nights 2; a game that in some respects is a disappointment (let’s be fair) and in others exceeded expectations. Whether it’ll be the future for us I’m, at this time, not completely certain. But I’ll move ahead with the [url=http://www.eilistraee.com/city/home.php:ko1q9kv6]City o Eilistraee[/url:ko1q9kv6] server. How fast it’ll be up depends in part on Obsidian (primarily when they’ll release a Linux server) and in part on you. Because as some have already found building such a server is a [i:ko1q9kv6]lot[/i:ko1q9kv6] of work and despite the perhaps limited scope I’m nothing if not ambitious. Simple put I need people to help build the various areas; so I suggest that if you’re interested then get acquainted with the Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset (and feel free to ask questions in the general forum for help) and if you feel confident that you can put together a decent area and ant to contribute, jump right in.

I’m quite curious to see what the future holds for us (and whether I’ll get rid of this horrid cold :p ), but Eilistraee willing I’m convinced that the moonlight will shine for us for many years to come, allowing us to sing and dance and hunt and love. :)

So once again a great 2007 and revel in the festivities tonight.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Lol yes the hugs thread killed the oldforums and the first thing I did when I got here was makea new one lol. And I think we can safely predict that 2007 hold many more hugs for all, and merciles decapitation for spambots grr.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Happy 2007 to yuz all!
:3
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

<From somewhen at the start of 2007, from somewhere between a hangover and my bed, from someplace between hatred and flustration becouse of my sister and bright curiosity of what the future holds...>
May this year be a good one for all of us. My the Maidens' blessing be with our steps in our journey onwards, wherever it may go.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

Uh... I know January's almost ending, but never is too late to send a good wish to everybody here. I wish for all of you to have a nice rest of the year, ok?

and sorry for being late. Too much work and things to do lately
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=indigo:3nisqzuq]In that case, I would also like to extend my New Year's greetings to everybody. Hope you had a merry Christm... Ahem, I hope you had some Happy Holidays.[/color:3nisqzuq]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination