Faerun mod for Civ V

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Faerun mod for Civ V

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I haven't tried it yet myself, but [url=http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11 ... /:22qxvaoc]Rock, Paper, Shotgun reports[/url:22qxvaoc] on a mod for Civilization V that reskins the game with a Faerun theme.

[quote:22qxvaoc][center:22qxvaoc][img:22qxvaoc]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/90101 ... sizedimage[/img:22qxvaoc][/center:22qxvaoc]

[url=http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =:22qxvaoc]The Faerun mod[/url:22qxvaoc] requires the Gods and Kings DLC and will disable Brave New World when used, and it adds just about everything you could want from a Dungeons and Dragons themed Civ game.

Religions are now Deity Cults, policies are schools of magic and random events include rampaging dragons and other beasties. My favourite part is the selection of Civs though, with 25 representing several groups of the major races.[/quote:22qxvaoc]
No idea if there's drow in it (I would expect so) or whether Eilistraee is mentioned it it. In fact no idea if it's pre or post Spellplague. But RPG reckons it's pretty good so if you like CivV then it should be worth a try at least.

Since I do have Gods and Kings, but don't have Brave New World I'll probably give this a go as well in the near future.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

P.s. Yes it's been a while since I last posted a news item.
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Re: Faerun mod for Civ V

Post by Irennan »

Well, Alusair is in the picture you posted, so I guess that the mod is pre-SP (or that it includes every faction from Faerun timeline).
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Good point. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

I've tried it. It's pretty fun, and is a well balanced mod. The priestesses replace the swordsman for the drow, last I checked, and the faith bonuses can be a great building block (earlier religions get first dibs on bonuses). I always play as the drow.
"There are those who think, and those who dream. I, for one, refuse to choose between the two." -Liriel Baenre.

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Thank you for your insight. I still haven't tried it yet (planning to do so over the holiday break, assuming I get my new notebook before then). But definitely will next time I play Civ.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee