Neverwinter Nights 2 Goes Gold

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Neverwinter Nights 2 Goes Gold

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Hot off the presses: it seems that Neverwinter Nights 2 has [b:15zsf31g]gone gold[/b:15zsf31g]!

It should ship October 31 in North America and be available November 3 in Europe.

[quote:15zsf31g][b:15zsf31g]–Highly-Anticipated Sequel Set to Ship October 31 in North America, November 3 in Europe –[/b:15zsf31g]

NEW YORK, October 17, 2006 – Atari, Inc (Nasdaq: ATAR) and Obsidian Entertainment today announced that the highly-anticipated [b:15zsf31g]Neverwinter Nightsâ„¢ 2[/b:15zsf31g] has gone gold and is on schedule to ship to stores nationwide on October 31 in North America and on November 3 in Europe. [b:15zsf31g]Neverwinter Nights 2[/b:15zsf31g], the sequel to BioWare Corp.’s best-selling and genre-defining role-playing game, is set in the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® Forgotten Realms® universe created by Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS), and will transport players back to the embattled city of Neverwinter. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS is under license from the Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro. [b:15zsf31g]Neverwinter Nights 2[/b:15zsf31g] will be released for the Windows platform.

Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, [b:15zsf31g]Neverwinter Nights 2[/b:15zsf31g] features a new, extensive single-player game with deep character development and a powerful new toolset that provides players with unprecedented ability to create their own universes, quests and storylines

“[b:15zsf31g]Neverwinter Nights 2[/b:15zsf31g] has been an incredible game to produce, as we have aimed from the beginning to develop an immersive gaming experience that will satisfy both the RPG and modding communities,” said Feargus Urquhart, Obsidian Entertainment’s CEO. “Now that [b:15zsf31g]Neverwinter Nights 2[/b:15zsf31g] has gone gold, we are proud to say we are delivering a game that should exceed fans’ expectations.”

The Neverwinter Nights franchise has sold more than two million copies worldwide, is translated into 10 languages, sold in more than 40 countries and features one of the largest and most active fan communities in all of gaming. To date, fans of the franchise, which includes Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentideâ„¢ and Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdarkâ„¢, have created nearly 4,000 modifications to the original game using the original, award-winning Aurora Toolset. A more robust toolset will be included with the release of [b:15zsf31g]Neverwinter Nights 2[/b:15zsf31g].

More information about [b:15zsf31g]Neverwinter Nights 2[/b:15zsf31g] can be found at [url:15zsf31g]http://www.nwn2.com[/url:15zsf31g], which includes user forums, project news, development updates and more.[/quote:15zsf31g]

The news is already reported on various sites… a selection:

[url=http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... 5:15zsf31g]Official NWN2 Forums[/url:15zsf31g]

[url=http://nwvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=22282:15zsf31g]Neverwinter Vault[/url:15zsf31g]

[url=http://nwn2.warcry.com/scripts/news/vie ... 6:15zsf31g]Neverwinter nights 2 Warcry[/url:15zsf31g]

[url=http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061017/nytu ... l:15zsf31g]Yahoo Finance[/url:15zsf31g]

And probably more I haven’t seen yet.

Anyway, seems it’s pretty official. ;)

Only a week or two more and we should be able to get this game. Yay! :D

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:36537kuu]Yeah, only a year or two more and I may be able to afford a computer that can play it. *sigh*[/color:36537kuu]
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

got my copy reserved already!!! :D :D :D
Zakharra
Maid
Maid

Post by Zakharra »

*watches the release date get unexpectedly pushed back a month*
Shayera
Maid
Maid

Post by Shayera »

[quote="Nedylene":2acsrem6]got my copy reserved already!!! :D :D :D[/quote:2acsrem6]

Yep, me too... Can't wait 'til i get my CE. Hopefully they'll include the files for english too.
Merinid Tlin'orzza
Regular

Post by Merinid Tlin'orzza »

Well, it's out now, but I'm gonna wait on it a while, until I get some more memory.
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Its not out here yet.... >:(

Have to wait a few days.... then I wonder how long it takes to be delivered....