Temple of Eilistraee is Looking for Scribes

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Temple of Eilistraee is Looking for Scribes

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

The timing might be a bit bad since I’m likely to be quite busy for the next couple of weeks (as I reported on August 4[sup:x7ck9sq8]th[/sup:x7ck9sq8]), but people have been asking me how they can help and I’m always busy with one thing or another anyway.

I’m a bit nervous though, because as you will see things are far from complete, but that’s exactly what you can help with. :)

Even before I started the Chosen I had plans of setting up a site with general drow-related information. But then the Chosen happened and I realized that there are already plenty of sites out there for that. So instead I changed the theme of it a bit and decided to set up a sub-section of the site dedicated with Eilistraee-related information.

Basically, if you need to know anything about Eilistraee you should be able to find it there (though rules information will likely [i:x7ck9sq8]not[/i:x7ck9sq8] be there to prevent copyright-issues, at least it should provide links to where you can find that as well).

But for that I need your help; I need people willing and able to write pages of information similar to [url=http://www.eilistraee.com/temple/religi ... p:x7ck9sq8]this page[/url:x7ck9sq8]. That means reading sources and writing a well-constructed piece of text containing said information (without just directly copying the text). [i:x7ck9sq8]And[/i:x7ck9sq8] be able to list the resources used.

You don’t need any webpage-design/coding skills or anything… you just need to be able to post in a special forum on this board I set up. And also it’s quite likely that the things you post will be edited to fix mistakes, clarify things, etc.

From the link above you can see a menu on the right of the site. Here you can see what all needs to be filled in. I need people (scribes) to help fill in the various sub-sections in the “The Deity”, “The Religion” and “Drow” sections. I also need people who want to write Eilistraee religion-themed stories, poems, songs, drawings, etc for the “Moonlight Tome” section.

And finally the answer to what the Masters/Mistresses are supposed to do: Next to generally ‘representing’ their aspects of Eilistraee among the Chosen they each get their page in the temple in the “Goddess of…” section that they can fill in as they wish (as long as it represents whatever their position stands for). For example a Master of Swords could list various swords (real or made up), could explain various sword-forms, could explain how swords are made, etc.

People interested in helping work on this new section of the website drop me a message and what you’re interested in (note that the Master/Mistress positions are still subject to general approval by the rest of the community as well, so you have to convince not just me but everyone else too).

I’d also like to know of any problems you have with the site, errors you encounter, etc. In particular I’m trying a new style of website setup where the menu and title and such are constantly visible (but without using frames). I’ve tested this in Firefox and IE6, but other browers I’m not sure if it works the way it’s supposed to.

Oh, and that drawing of Eilistraee was made for me by my younger brother (though I’m not 100% happy with the skin color; if anyone can change that to be more drow-like without changing the rest of the picture feel free to do so and send it to me ;)). It was originally meant for the Chosen site, but I ended up using the Poser model instead (since the site had been up and running for a while when he gave it to me).

Let me know if you’re willing to help and let’s work to make this the most comprehensive source of Eilistraee-related information anywhere. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Vendrin
Maid
Maid

Post by Vendrin »

Is this only about Eilistraeens or all drow?
"What does God want? Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses evil perhaps in some way better than a man who has good imposed upon him?"
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

This is primarily about Eilistraee and Eilistraeen drow, but also about drow in general.

The “The Deity” section described Eilistraee, but also gives a description of the other drow deities (as ‘enemies’) as well as other elven deities and such (as ‘allies’). And there’s the whole “Drow” section for listing general drow information (and the Goddess of Drow section as well).

The way I see this is as Eilistraeens bringing out information about themselves and drow in general (trying to bring that as unbiased as possible) to inform people.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee