Forum "Out of Memory"

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Forum "Out of Memory"

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[[b:19xcjiwv]UPDATE[/b:19xcjiwv]] At the moment it seems everything is working again. Not that I did anything (and still haven't heard from my host). But maybe another site on the same host was causing problems. Since I don't know what happened or how it was (seemingly) resolved I don't know whether the problem will return again. I will keep an eye on the site (as always), but, fingers crossed, it seems things are operational again.

Since yesterday the forum's main index has been giving "Out of memory" error.

Last evening I've been trying to find a solution, Googling to see if anyone else has had the same problem, and tried a number of suggestions. But nothing made any difference. In the end the only suggestion left was "contact your web host", so that's what I did and now it's waiting for them.

So far I've managed to get to every forum both in [url=viewforum.php?f=28:19xcjiwv]the main board[/url:19xcjiwv] and [url=viewforum.php?f=29:19xcjiwv]the roleplaying board[/url:19xcjiwv], except for the OOC forum. We'll see if this post goes through and whether it'll nuke the entire site or not. :p

Seriously though, there seems to be little more to do than wait for what my host tells me. I might try cleaning the search index (the search world list table is be [i:19xcjiwv]far[/i:19xcjiwv] the largest table) and see if that helps, but beyond that I have no idea. But I'll do what I can to get the forums back.

My apologies for the troubles.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

[[b:19xcjiwv]EDIT[/b:19xcjiwv]] The link to the roleplaying board above [i:19xcjiwv]was[/i:19xcjiwv] working before I posted but doesn't seem to anymore now.
[[b:19xcjiwv]EDIT2[/b:19xcjiwv]] And after the previous edit was working again, so no telling when things do and don't work.
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
LauraCop
Maid
Maid

Forum "Out of Memory"

Post by LauraCop »

A quick question......is there a time-out timer on this forum? Seems like if I go away for about 5 minutes or so when I come back I must log in again in order to post. Is this by design?
Thanks,
Bob
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Forum "Out of Memory"

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The quick answer is yes the system does not recall you if your login is not set to do so.

From the FAQ
[quote:e9gkoywf]Why do I get logged off automatically?
If you do not check the Remember me box when you login, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the Remember me box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university computer lab, etc. If you do not see this checkbox, it means a board administrator has disabled this feature.[/quote:e9gkoywf]

You can get other questions answered by reading the FAQ. It is above to the right of the Quick Links.
Shae
Maid
Maid

Post by Shae »

Do we have bots? The recent posts don't make sense.
Well known path to Chang'an resembles yiqi.
Hundred years of life cannot bear the grief.

--Du Fu
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

I think two slipped pass moderation. First post almost made sense.
Have taken action and did some cleaning.
Shae
Maid
Maid

Post by Shae »

Got it, thanks.
Well known path to Chang'an resembles yiqi.
Hundred years of life cannot bear the grief.

--Du Fu