Joining Opened Again

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Joining Opened Again

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

After some work tying thing up into the new forums’ members database, setting up the new members roster page and the new join forum I’ve opened up the join process again.

Since we moved the members roster to a new database, and since we’ve taken this opportunity to make a clean sweet in the members roster, this requires all current members to re-join the Chosen of Eilistraee if they wish to remain a member.

The new process should be a lot simpler and direct than the old one. Or at the very least should clear up any confusion between registering on the forums and joining the Chosen. Now you first need to be registered on the (new) forums. Then you need to fill out your details in your profile, and finally you go to the [url=http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/join.php:1no5yv7c]new join page[/url:1no5yv7c] to request joining the Chosen. The new join page should ensure easy transition through all these steps.

And if all goes well and you’re accepted you’ll appear on the [url=http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/member ... p:1no5yv7c]new members roster[/url:1no5yv7c].

Clicking a name on the roster will take you to further details (namely the person’s public profile page), though to see this you need to be logged in as well.

If there are any problems or questions then don’t hesitate to post a reply to this news item or send me a message (through email or pm).

Now let us get that new members roster filled up again.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

This has just reminded me. It's been at least three months since I joined the Chosen, and I've never had an email asking if I still want to be in. :D
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Err Old system was by hand.

Besides that, unless rules changed, you can not join because you do not have Eilistreaee lisited as your patron deity, *wink*

Rdit: On otherside you wre a member of the Chosen, it was rather easy for me to join on this side.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Despite my original plans to regularly send out emails checking if people were still interested in being a member (and checking email addresses and such) I never actually did that. Even people who’ve been a member since the start have never gotten an email.

And I’m not sure if that’s going to change; at the moment I’m more concerned with getting the roster filled up again (as it now looks like we’ve only got a handful of members).

Oh, and I’d like some feedback on how the new system is (from those that used it… which so far seems to be nobody :p ).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rixxen Bladedleaf
Maid
Maid

Post by Rixxen Bladedleaf »

I do like the way the profile thingy works. (sorry I really haven't been on life is kicking my butt)
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Shir'le, I found the new method of joining [i:3i7uskz3]extremley[/i:3i7uskz3] easy and quick. Nothing simpler than just clicking a button then replying to a link in an email. Well, maybe there is, but I've yet to see it.

Anyway, I think it works great. Can't remember how it was done on the old forums, but being able to have everything auto filled just by being logged in is fantastic, especially for old farts like me who have a bad memory ;)
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

I'm glad people like it. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

Don't worry Rade, you're not the only old fart head around here. Tyrmer and I have been old fart heads for a long time now...
:3