Over the last couple of days a flood of reviews has surfaced, based on an event Obsidian held in Las Vegas to showcase their game in progress. Additionally I’ve got a couple of older articles as well that I had still lying around.
To start with there are a number of bullet-point lists with information gleaned from various magazines and such. I won’t go over them in detail as I think most of the information there is now available in the new previews as well, but if you’re hungry for every tiny little detail then there might be a thing or two still in there.
- Bits from an Xbox Live interview with J. E. Sawyer
- Bits from the German PC Gamer magazine
- Bits from the PC Gamer US magazine
- Bits from the Official Xbox Magazine US
- Bits from the US Xbox 360 World magazine
- What happens in 'Fallout: New Vegas' at USA Today.
A fairly short, older article (probably months old, but the article doesn’t include a date) from USA Today. It’s more an introduction than containing any solid information on the game (though it has a few bits).
- Sightseeing in Fallout: New Vegas at GamesRadar.
A short, almost two-month old, article that serves more as an introduction to try and make people want to read the full article in the Official Xbox Magazine. It’s mostly a couple of (low-res) screenshots from the game with some short accompanying text.
- Fallout: New Vegas Preview at Cheat Code Central.
Here is where we start getting into the newer articles. About a week old this preview at Cheat Code Central has a few nice bits of information, though is overall fairly short. Includes a bullet-point list of features at the end.
- Fallout” New Vegas First Look at IGN.
IGN has a three-page preview up with a fair bit of information, including a video interview.
[html] <object id='ignplayer' width='640' height='360' data='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=falloutnv_inv_043010&object=14341979'/></object>[/html]
- First Look at Fallout: New Vegas at The Escapist.
The Escapist also has a fairly meaty preview at four pages and is also worth a read. And they link to a (text) interview with Feargus Urquhart. It talks about hardcore mode, list some of the guns, talks about the environment and about reputation, and more.
- Fallout: New Vegas Preview at Eurogamer.
Another decent preview at two pages in length.
- Fallout: New Vegas First Look at GameSpot.
Another meaty preview at three pages, also includes a video interview with Josh Sawyer.
[html]<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=640 HEIGHT=391 id="videoPlayer"><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf"><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE="noScale"><PARAM NAME=salign VALUE="lt"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=allowscriptaccess VALUE="always"><PARAM NAME=flashvars VALUE="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_640&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false¶msXML=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6261040%26mode%3Dembedded%26width%3D640%26height%3D391%26newplayer%3D1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded640_169.xml"><embed id="mymovie" width="640" height="391" flashvars="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_640&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false¶msXML=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6261040%26mode%3Dembedded%26width%3D640%26height%3D391%26newplayer%3D1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded640_169.xml" wmode="opaque" allowscriptaccess="always" scale="noScale" salign="lt" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" name="mymovie" style="" src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></embed></OBJECT>[/html]
- Fallout: New Vegas Adds Hardcore Mode, Weapon Mods & More and
Fallout: New Vegas Preview: Meet Sunny, Dinky & Tabitha at Kotaku.
Kotaku has two previews (the second one is the ‘real’ preview while the first talks about a couple of features).
- Interview – Obsidian’s Chris Avellone on Fallout: New Vegas at VG247.
VG247 has a relatively short text interview with Chris Avellone about Fallout: New Vegas as well as a couple of general Obsidian questions. A decent read.
- Fallout New Vegas Preview at 1UP.
- Fallout New Vegas Preview: Playing the Odds at Shacknews.
- Impressions: Fallout New Vegas at Joystiq.
- Preview: Fallout: New Vegas at TheSixthAxis.
- First look at Fallout: New Vegas at GamesRadar.
- Fallout: New Vegas First Impressions at G4TV.
- Fallout: New Vegas (PC) exclusive preview at NowGamer.
- Fallout: New Vegas Preview at VideoGamer.
- Fallout: New Vegas Preview at AtomicGamer.
- Bethesday Previews: Fallout: New Vegas at games.on.not.
- A Sinful First Look At Fallout: New Vegas at Giant Bomb.
- Return to the apocalypse in Fallout: New Vegas at Yahoo.
Either way, New Vegas looks like it could be fun (assuming that you enjoyed Fallout 3 because otherwise this one likely isn’t going to be to your taste either). Now I just have to decide whether I’d want to try hardcore mode or not (my guess... probably not).