No D&D In Prison

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

[quote="Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind":kfbpmn6a]But. . . but I. . .
>//////////<

[youtube:kfbpmn6a]XHdXG2gV01k[/youtube:kfbpmn6a][/quote:kfbpmn6a]

edit: there a modern version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

[quote="Argoth":1efu4ngs]Well that helped a lot Ra'Sona, thanks :)

At any rate, let's not forget that Tolkien and Lewis wrote their fantasy as an allegory to Christianity. They spread their faith THROUGH fantasy. It was a matter of promoting some traits like loyalty, friendship, love that reaches through all sorts of bounds and is unstoppable. Same thing goes for Lewis. The Narnia chronicles are, again, a way of promoting certain ideas, specially among young people becoming adults.

D&D the game of Satan? That's a first. Everything is for people and should be used wisely. Stupid people were, are and always will be. If they don't accept arguments, then there's no point in talking to them. Never get involved into discussion with an idiot, first he'll take you down to his level and then finish you off with years of experience.[/quote:1efu4ngs]

ive been listening to LOTR on audio tape recently. i didnt realize how much he loved to sing...lol

since tolkien is older, did D&D get many of their ideas from him?

i aint read narnia yet, i hope i can find it in audio too...but my favorite was when aslan says" dont quote the white magic to me, i was there when it was written..."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar":npau8t4q]
ive been listening to LOTR on audio tape recently. i didnt realize how much he loved to sing...lol

since tolkien is older, did D&D get many of their ideas from him?

i aint read narnia yet, i hope i can find it in audio too...but my favorite was when aslan says" dont quote the white magic to me, i was there when it was written..."[/quote:npau8t4q]

TSR ran into some copyright issues with Tolkien because of some elements.

Narnia is an interesting read and I might still have about here a timeline of the World.
Dirzendar
Maid
Maid

Post by Dirzendar »

That's a shame and I don't think it's right.

...but then again, it did take a court battle to win Wiccans the right to practice in jail and get buried under their symbol.

How sad is that?
(Signature drawn by Neo Yi)
Usstan inbal deisus lu'Usstan inbal keffal Ilta, l'Olath Wenress.