Dragon Age: Origins - Gamasutra's Best of 2009 on PC

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Dragon Age: Origins - Gamasutra's Best of 2009 on PC

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Gamasutra [url=http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... 4:uiahs3mh]posted an article[/url:uiahs3mh] with it's top 5 PC games of 2009 (and ten runners-up). And in first place is BioWare's Dragon Age: Origins. Here's an excerpt from the introduction to the top 5:

[quote:uiahs3mh]Triple-A big-budget action experiences have clearly found their place on consoles, and those games are becoming less common on the PC (although sometimes they're just a few months late). But the platform is increasingly emerging as fertile ground for an astonishingly wide breadth of games that don't fit that particular mold. This year's best offerings included games that play to the system's strengths -- either by demanding high levels of input precision or by being so accessible that only minimal computational hardware is required. And everything in between.[/quote:uiahs3mh]
Congratulations to BioWare and the Dragon Age team; I couldn't agree more. :)

Over the coming month I'm sure that we'll get more "game of the year" type lists (in fact I've already seen one or two), with lists for different types (roleplaying, action, etc), different platforms (pc, ps3, x360, wii, etc), different determinations for selection (user voting, editor selection, etc) and more. I'm expecting to see Dragon Age: Origins in at least a few PC-specific and rpg-specific lists. Might even win overall game-of-the-year in a couple of places, but then it has some stiff (as in popular) competition.

Either way, it's mostly for fun as in the end the only thing that's really important is what you consider the best games for yourself. And on that note I do thing that for me Dragon Age: Origins is game of the decade.

[[url=http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... 9:uiahs3mh]link[/url:uiahs3mh]] to "Best Of 2009: Top 5 PC Games" at Gamasutra.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee