Michael Jackson is Dead

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Michael Jackson is Dead

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

As you undoubtedly heard by now, the once King of Pop Michael Jackson has passed away. The [url=http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... y:103t3bbq]Los Angeles Times reports[/url:103t3bbq]:

[quote="L.A. Times":103t3bbq]Michael Jackson, an incomparable figure in music, dance and culture whose ever-changing face graced the covers of albums that sold more than half a billion copies, died Thursday, shortly after going into cardiac arrest at his rented Holmby Hills mansion. He was 50. He spent much of his life as one of the most famous people on the planet, and to many, his untimely death felt both unthinkable and, oddly, inevitable.

Paramedics found Jackson in cardiac arrest when they arrived at his home shortly before 12:30 p.m., three minutes and 17 seconds after receiving a 911 call. His personal physician was already in the house performing CPR. Jackson was not breathing, and it appears he never regained consciousness. Paramedics treated Jackson at the house for 42 minutes, and he was declared dead at 2:26 p.m. at UCLA Medical Center, about two miles from his home above Sunset Boulevard.[/quote:103t3bbq]
Love him or hate him, he did make some great music. He was weird, yes, he was awkward, yes, he had lots of charges against him which might or might not be true, yes. But for me I'll remember him for his music.

So here's a little tribute I found on YouTube (made years ago) with one of his most wonderful songs.

[center:103t3bbq][youtube:103t3bbq]Tai2j3dVSUQ[/youtube:103t3bbq][/center:103t3bbq]
My condolences to his family and my thanks to Michael for giving us so much wonderful music, regardless of what happened after.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

I'm not especially saddened by this man's passing. Maybe it has more to do with my views on death than the fact that I was never a huge fan. But frankly, I think if there's an afterlife he's probably jumping for joy screaming "Yes! I don't have to deal with any of that crap anymore!" so I can't bring myself to be sad.

That being said, I too send condolences to his family, and to the family of Farrah Fawcett who lost her battle with cancer the same day. Her I especially can't be sad for, because there's no greater mercy for a person suffering the end stages of cancer...
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

For Micheal & Farrah

[img:4rb9orom]http://www.cozyhearthandhome.com/images/candleflame.jpg[/img:4rb9orom]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

[youtube:bi1ynwfi]F6Rd7xjrum8[/youtube:bi1ynwfi]

All I could do the last time I was here was just to put the song, so now a few things I wanted to add. Being a great mocker of reality and people that have risen to legend status, I have to say I'll miss MJ. I'll miss all the jokes, all the innuendos that surrounded him, everything. I'll never forget the two things about MJ: "Why did MJ go for a sale at Wallmart? Because boys' pants were half off." and another one by Triumph The Insult Comic Dog: "We do not know if he is guilty or not guilty, but we do know one thing: he is guilty."

Enough mocked. One has to admit and respect him for what stood at the vere essence of his carrier, he had great songs that will be remembered for decades to come.