Spring Cleaning

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Spring Cleaning

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I’ve just completed some spring cleaning on the forums (as originally suggested in [url=viewtopic.php?t=1287:3tedi4ys]this thread[/url:3tedi4ys]). Mainly a number of forums have been merged into each other.

All the old Lisse Linath forums (most of which have been invisible for a long time) have been Archived (moved to a new, invisible forum). The same goes for all the (invisible) Temple of Eilistraee forums. Both associated websites should still function (for now), with the slight exception of the City of Eilistraee news page, but both sites will be removed once [url=http://www.eilistraee.com/wiki/:3tedi4ys]the wiki[/url:3tedi4ys] is fully operational.

In the [url=index.php?c=3:3tedi4ys]Roleplaying section[/url:3tedi4ys] the old Arena, Campaigns and Free Form Roleplaying forums have been merged into a single [url=viewforum.php?f=8:3tedi4ys]Roleplaying forum[/url:3tedi4ys]. All old threads from the Arena forum have been prefixed with “[ARENA]” and all old threads from the Campaigns forum have been prefixed with “[CAMPAIGN]” to denote where these threads came from. The roleplaying forum rules will soon be adjusted to reflect the new merged nature of the forum. The [url=viewforum.php?f=7:3tedi4ys]Out Of Character forum[/url:3tedi4ys] and the [url=viewforum.php?f=15:3tedi4ys]Stories forum[/url:3tedi4ys] remain as they were.

In the [url=index.php?c=2:3tedi4ys]Chosen of Eilistraee section[/url:3tedi4ys] the old Forum Help and Wiki Discussion forums have been merged into a single [url=viewforum.php?f=27:3tedi4ys]Site Help forum[/url:3tedi4ys], intended for all questions and problems related to any part of the Eilistraee.com website. The old Inner Sanctum forum (that nobody had access to and was thus empty) has been removed and the old Members Discussion forum (that accepted members had access to) has been merged into the [url=viewforum.php?f=3:3tedi4ys]General Discussion forum[/url:3tedi4ys] (threads have been locked and given the prefix “[MEMBERS DISCUSSION]”). By request the [url=viewforum.php?f=6:3tedi4ys]Theological Debate forum[/url:3tedi4ys] remains as is, as are the [url=viewforum.php?f=2:3tedi4ys]Chosen News forum[/url:3tedi4ys] and the [url=viewforum.php?f=13:3tedi4ys]On Promoting Joy forum[/url:3tedi4ys].

Because the Lisse Linath and the Temple of Eilistraee sections have been removed entirely their associated usergroups have been removed as well (Builders, Dungeon Masters, Scribes, etc). I’ve also disabled polls on the Roleplaying and Stories forums (and removed all existing polls from their threads) as that’s something better suited for the Out Of Character forum.

The result of all this should be that the forums will look a lot more tidy (particularly for me, considering that as Admin I saw every single hidden forum :p ). If there are any problems, questions, etc then please let me know.

[EDIT 20090416] The Roleplaying Guidelines have been adjusted as well to include addendums for Campaign threads and for Arena threads (which mimic the behavior of the old Campaigns and Arena forums).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee