NWN2 Community Update #10

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

NWN2 Community Update #10

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

It’s been half a week ago now, but with the forum work I completely forgot to report this.

Shane posted the [url=http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... 5:2xf8pg8d]tenth community update[/url:2xf8pg8d] over on the NWN2 forums.

First of note is official word on the DM client:

[quote="maverickshane":2xf8pg8d]So, this week we're going to try and load you up with information to help clear the air and set the record straight on a few things. The first being the DM Client. The DM client will not ship with the game in the box. We looked at a number of different scenarios and the best one that the team decided upon is to release the DM Client in full as a download the same day of the release. So while it will not ship in the box it will come out with the game. That's the official word as of today.[/quote:2xf8pg8d]
Then he went on to post the official system specs:
[quote="maverickshane":2xf8pg8d]Recommended:
- 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 1GB System Ram
- ATI Radeon X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP
- 512MB System RAM
- 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- 4.6GB free hard disk space
- DirectX 9.0c (included)
- DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework for toolset (included)
- Broadband connection for multiplayer online play
- Keyboard, Mouse[/quote:2xf8pg8d]
You can look at the original post for a full list of supported video cards as well.

Then he announced that they’re holding another chat in the NWConnections IRC chatroom this Thursday (which I can’t attend because it’s being held way past my bedtime :p ).

And finally he answered five more questions regarding crafting in the NWN2 official campaign. Though I think the word on the DM client and the official specs are probably the more interesting bits of the whole post.

I’ll keep you updated on any future interesting tidbits. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee