Database was down

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Database was down

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Hi all,

Apologies for the downtime this weekend. It seems that my webhost messed something up; last Friday they rebooted their servers (without telling me that they were going to do this first) and something went wrong I guess since after that the database for this site (where all the forum messages and drow language words are stored) was unaccessible. And of course with the weekend after that it took them until now to fix it.

Right now it seems everything is back in order again, at least the site is working again. Though they haven't actually responded to any of my support requests yet to tell me what went wrong, to apologize for their mistakes, or anything at all. But regardless things should hopefully be back to normal now.

Well, except that I still have to fix the admin panel (which I wanted to do this weekend). :p

Because I didn't even have access to the forum I had no way to let you know about the downtime until now... until I decided to make a modification to the site to add notices at the top of every page. The system for this is very simple (as I hope I won't need it ever again), it just looks for a file on the server and if it's there it displays the text in a notice. When I get home tonight I'll take the notice down. I hope it at least helped keep you informed on what's going on.

Well, there you have it. Everything should be back in order. I'll let you know of any further developments and let me know if you find any problems with the site. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee