Website Upgraded

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Website Upgraded

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

As noted in the previous news item, the server move has now been completed.

My web host didn't move my site across as I thought they would (not that they said that they would) and they didn't give me a date/time when they were going to do it, but after I noticed the site being down today I checked and indeed they'd moved me to a new host machine (with PHP5 and such).

Also had some trouble with the backups. It turned out that the backups of the database I'd made were broken (it's only downloaded maybe one-tenth of the database). Luckily I noticed that my old database was still reachable and managed after some trouble to download the entire thing (meaning that it's most up-to-date too as it's pretty much the state it was in before the site went down) and after even more trouble and effort managed to get the entire thing uploaded to the new location (ever tried uploading 70MB worth of database data? Yes, that's how much you lot talk :p ).

Did some more work on the site code itself. I decided to make a few minor changes to clean things up (mostly putting the database access codes in one place) and decided to remove a number of old, unsupported things (mainly the old forums). Had to fix some error in the phpbb code as well, but seems to be up and working again.

Of course, you might still run into things that don't work and such, [i:54oz9v8l]please[/i:54oz9v8l] let me know of anything that's broken so that I can look into it and try to fix it. You can reply in the forums (liek in this thread) or send me an email at [email:54oz9v8l]shirle@eilistraee.com[/email:54oz9v8l]. Also feel free to let me know of other parts that seem old and might need updating. Any (constructive) comments welcome.

I still have to upgrade the wiki to the latest version, but I'll do that later this week (or next weekend); at the moment I've first got to bring back some other bits I'm running off this site.

Apologies for the downtime (though that was why I posted the news up last week), hopefully things will run smoothly again now and we can start moving forward and make this a unique place for supporting Eilistraee. :)

[EDIT] The first thing I'm noticing is that the site seems to run a [i:54oz9v8l]lot[/i:54oz9v8l] smoother/faster now. Wow! :eek:

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

One of the things that broke during the upgrade was the drow language translator, but this should be fixed now. Let me know if you find any problems with this or any other part of the site. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Dragonessa
Maid
Maid

Post by Dragonessa »

The translator is working great for me now! :D (The dictionary here is of course the most comprehensive source for the language. :angel: )
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Shir'le, have to tell you this: good job.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Fabulous work Shir'le.

This new server/site runs so smoothly, it's a revelation :angel:

-pops the champagne and hands her a glass-

Cheers High Priestess! :D

[img:zhecsgud]http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/photos ... _toast.jpg[/img:zhecsgud]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.