Forgotten Realms 4E Only Three Books

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Unen_Stealthfoot
Legend

Post by Unen_Stealthfoot »

[color=darkred:vyeyuvjz]I do remember Drizzt being a Vhaeraunite. :devil: (Fanfic on Lavendereyes: The Lesser Evil)[/color:vyeyuvjz]

http://lavendereyes.rivkashome.com/modu ... oryid=1037
Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Post by Alaric Darkrose »

I do like the new system, and there's not much negative that I can say about it. But unfortunately, I do not like 4th's version of Forgotten Realms. Some of the changes seem...absurd. For example, Toril fusing with another universe.
jameslt0
Maid
Maid

Post by jameslt0 »

[quote="Alaric Darkrose":ioupiplk]I do like the new system, and there's not much negative that I can say about it. But unfortunately, I do not like 4th's version of Forgotten Realms. Some of the changes seem...absurd. For example, Toril fusing with another universe.[/quote:ioupiplk]

Dont you mean refusing? Quote from FR 4e Campaign guide "Such as drawing portions of lost Abeir into Toril. Some sages suggest that the two worlds have undergone periodic conjunctions ever since they [b:ioupiplk]divergerd[/b:ioupiplk]..." This to me suggests they were one world before.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

True. If you read the history from 3.5's book, if I remember correctly, all of the races except for humans are from other planes. This would explain where all of them came from. But still, it's a little too much for me. It's no longer the FR I knew and loved since 3rd edition.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Alaric Darkrose":198ryxmy]It's no longer the FR I knew and loved since 3rd edition.[/quote:198ryxmy]
I think that's pretty much how everyone feels (or substitute 2nd ed. for 3rd edition, or maybe even earlier). It's a different realm; they should've called it something different. But then they couldn't sell on the popularity of Drizzt and the computer games in the Sword Coast and such.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":2q3mtsg2][quote="Alaric Darkrose":2q3mtsg2]It's no longer the FR I knew and loved since 3rd edition.[/quote:2q3mtsg2]
I think that's pretty much how everyone feels (or substitute 2nd ed. for 3rd edition, or maybe even earlier). It's a different realm; they should've called it something different. But then they couldn't sell on the popularity of Drizzt and the computer games in the Sword Coast and such.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:2q3mtsg2]Well, my first introduction to the Realms was the original Icewind Dale game, which was 2E, but everything I read and played after that was 3E/3.5E.

I hate to sound cynical, but right now the Realms gets so much attention from WotC is because it's their primary cash cow. Once something else comes along that's more popular than the Realms, it'll get tossed aside, just like Ravenloft and Eberron were.
jameslt0
Maid
Maid

Post by jameslt0 »

I am not sure about Ravenloft, but Eberron is still fairly new. I dont think FR will get tossed aside and forgotten as easily. Also, I think the changes to the Realms are kinda like gas prices, you can:

1) gripe about it.
2) go on and accept it.
3) give WotC a piece of your mind.
4) buy a bicycle.

Buy a bicycle might be a pun or I could have a hidden meaning in there.
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

[quote="jameslt0":25yyqh0m]I am not sure about Ravenloft, but Eberron is still fairly new. I dont think FR will get tossed aside and forgotten as easily. Also, I think the changes to the Realms are kinda like gas prices, you can:

1) gripe about it.
2) go on and accept it.
4) buy a bicycle.

Buy a bicycle might be a pun or I could have a hidden meaning in there.[/quote:25yyqh0m]Most likely option one for a year or two, followed by option. And then when I get bored, option five: move on to something else.
Dragonessa
Maid
Maid

Post by Dragonessa »

[b:1vugb507]*Warning, entering a NessaRant zone*[/b:1vugb507]

Granted I'm quite new to the whole D&D and FR universe in general.... but I'd like to see less a focus on humans. About the last thing I really want to RP with is another boring human. And -why- is it that human empires are the most numerous? Would it shake up some cosmic law if say, -another- race was dominant? :devil:

In point of fact the above could also sum up my thoughts on more than just the FR universe. ;)

[b:1vugb507]*leaving NessaRant zone*[/b:1vugb507]

Ahem... Ok rant over. :D

*retreats back into her cave* :angel:

EDIT: OK, I just read a tad more on what was going on. (Useful before one posts but anyway... ahem. :angel: ) THEY KILLED OFF EILISTRAEE!? >:( >:( She was the one goddess I actually liked out of FR! The rest of the elven pantheon was just pathetic! (Well OK Lolth isn't necessarily pathetic but she's evil in every way.) If that's the case I'm leaving FR entirely for any future projects. (With Dragon Age coming that may well be the direction I take.) In any case, at least one good Drow goddess will always be Eilistraee in anything I create. :D

I admit I don't know much about Drizzt except one thing: nearly everyone online hates his guts. The mere mention of making a good male Drow ranger usually sends people fleeing in terror. (Which I suppose could be useful but I digress. :devil: ) Why they would ever want to elevate a character many people hate is beyond me.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="jameslt0":2zjviacf]I am not sure about Ravenloft, but Eberron is still fairly new. I dont think FR will get tossed aside and forgotten as easily. Also, I think the changes to the Realms are kinda like gas prices, you can:

1) gripe about it.
2) go on and accept it.
4) buy a bicycle.

Buy a bicycle might be a pun or I could have a hidden meaning in there.[/quote:2zjviacf]
I prefer bicycles anyway. :p

[quote="Dragonessa":2zjviacf]I admit I don't know much about Drizzt except one thing: nearly everyone online hates his guts. The mere mention of making a good male Drow ranger usually sends people fleeing in terror. (Which I suppose could be useful but I digress. :devil: ) Why they would ever want to elevate a character many people hate is beyond me.[/quote:2zjviacf]
Because Drizzt makes them money.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

The reason he is so hated is because of the fact that there are so many clones of him out there, the twinkie crybaby who just needs to go into genocide mode to get out of any life threatening situation, that it's sort of ruining and creating a very bad stereotype for good drow in general. That's why we all hate him, he sucks, he's ruining us, and he also sucks.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Dragonessa
Maid
Maid

Post by Dragonessa »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":3vrhk2ht]Because Drizzt makes them money.[/quote:3vrhk2ht]

Wow. Well they certainly won't from me I'm afraid. :devil:

Plus, is it just me or his name just dumb. I just know I'd call him Drizzy which is dangerously close to Ditzy. ;)

[quote="Narsia Ny'Dhun":3vrhk2ht]..the twinkie crybaby ...[/quote:3vrhk2ht]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A few months back I was going to make the "jump" and try and do a Drow male character. I was considering a ranger when everyone in the chat unanimously shouted: "NOOOO!" :angel:
Alaric Darkrose
Regular

Meh. I play a drow ranger that uses two swords, but the similarities end there. He has more in common with Han Solo, Indiana Jones, and Jim West than Driz'zt.
jameslt0
Maid
Maid

Post by jameslt0 »

I also have a drow ranger....thats female...and uses hand crossbow. So its a ranged attack ranger. And after watching Justice League Unlimited, I am trying to make her like Huntress.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

I have a lizard riding ranger *wink*