Eilistraee LIVES!

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zekafae
Champion

Re: Eilistraee LIVES!

Postby Zekafae » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:37 pm

The best kind of goddess really. Defying "nature" of the race to show there is still good.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Zekafae wrote:The best kind of goddess really. Defying "nature" of the race to show there is still good.

Eilistraee's a very "beauty in the broken" kind of goddess, the best kind indeed.

Best of luck with your world, but you might be better off taking the 5e D&D license thing, and then work on it as a self-published author. Sadly, WotC is barely interested in their own worlds, let alone new ones.

I've been doing something similar for years now (it stemmed from my ideas to rework the story of Eilistraee), but I've only recently started to compile all those stories and worldbuilding in a more organized way. I'm tempted to try to put it in novel format, but it's a truly large (and quite convoluted) tale, so It's hard for me to even pinpoint the beginning and the perspective in order to best convey what I have in mind.

Zekafae
Champion

Postby Zekafae » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:50 am

I would, but it's been so long since I looked at books and such? It'd be painful to do. And sad that a company cares so little for the product after release.
Site, story being redone

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:56 am

5e is incredibly easy and streamlined. If you really want to share your world as a D&D setting, then you can currently do so. There are many who did (even profiting from it). If you are developing your own system, then I totally get you, tho.

As for WotC, they do care about their product, it's just that most settings have been left in the dust. The Realms is the only one getting attention, with others only getting a few snippets or adptations here and there.

Zekafae
Champion

Postby Zekafae » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:32 am

Irennan wrote:5e is incredibly easy and streamlined. If you really want to share your world as a D&D setting, then you can currently do so. There are many who did (even profiting from it). If you are developing your own system, then I totally get you, tho.

As for WotC, they do care about their product, it's just that most settings have been left in the dust. The Realms is the only one getting attention, with others only getting a few snippets or adptations here and there.

That's troublesome to hear, but I got things going again on the project, was writing down things I need for reference material for each old elven kingdom(domain) then need to do the work and art... land, then architecture, then the people... and still need to fill out a pantheon.
Site, story being redone

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:47 am

Worldbuilding takes a long time and a lot of dedication, but it is completely worth it. Once you're done, it's one of the best feelings, that of having created something beautiful.

Orin
Traveler

Postby Orin » Mon May 07, 2018 1:47 am

Irennan wrote:Worldbuilding takes a long time and a lot of dedication, but it is completely worth it. Once you're done, it's one of the best feelings, that of having created something beautiful.

Seriously, what Irennen said. Zekafae, if you love your world, then lean heavily into it, especially if you're FEELING creative. The act of having created something is exalting and finished is always better than perfect. There's something deep inside of you that still wants out, and shame on you if you don't set it free.
Let not the biting, callous and sometimes cruel words of unenlightened and uncaring minds sway your heart from your passions. For it is your passions that are the language with which your soul speaks to the world.

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Fri May 25, 2018 4:41 pm

The Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes contains a section about Eilistraee, like promised, but it doesn't tell us anything new.

1)The matrons try to keep her existence a secret.
2)Drow feel her call, especially when near the surface. It's very tempting and the matrons insist that any raiders must immediately return upon hearing a sweet song on the surface
3)she can't guarantee safety for the drow, but she helps them persevere in a hostile world and opens their hearts to beauty.
4)She rebelled against Lolth but didn't seek solace within the Seldarine (her voluntary exile)
5)Her position among the drow gods remains mysterious
6)They mention something that sounds very much like the last dance.

Eilistraee plays very much the temptress role in this book, which is fitting enough for her MO.

Return to “Chosen News”