Eilistraee LIVES!

This is the place where the leaders of the Chosen post news. News about the Chosen, news about drow/Eilistraee, news about NWN/NWN2 and news generally considered interesting to us. This is also the place where you can comment on those news items. :rss:

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Eilistraee LIVES!

Postby Bhaern Quel » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:49 am

Irennan wrote:On a side note, the part about them being "scantily clad beautiful women", combined with the fact that they are described as weak in power (in battle, they mostly try to turn undead, and cast weak healing spells), does make them look like damsels in distress, and makes no sense within their lore (priestesses of Eilistraee use whatever practial gear that thet can get). That's rather annoying

Yes that bother me a little along with them being Sword Dancers. It did not feel correct as to lore that I recall. There again lore can change at a drop of ink.

Leonides02
Traveler

Postby Leonides02 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:13 am

You know, I'm sorry the changedance is no longer necessary. I thought that was such a neat, unique, and very pagan feature of the goddess. I think I'll keep it in my game. :)

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:51 pm

Leonides02 wrote:You know, I'm sorry the changedance is no longer necessary. I thought that was such a neat, unique, and very pagan feature of the goddess. I think I'll keep it in my game. :)

No longer necessary, but not necessarily abolished. The fact that it is no longer necessary is good IMO, because that means that Eilistraee can now more easily bond with males too, while those who want it (be it for personal reasons, or in order to feel closer to Eilistraee) can still undergo the changedance. It leaves more room to choice, which really fits Eilistraee, since she's so big on freedom of expression.

Return to “Chosen News”