Elven Dream

Roleplaying can be a great source for stories. But whether your stories come from roleplaying or whether you wrote them separate of anything else, this is the forum to post your stories. These stories can be funny, dramatic, epic in scale, of very small scope, or really anything you can think of. Note that this forum is for posting stories only. Discussions on stories and even just simple compliments should be posted in the Out Of Character forum or by sending a private message to the author.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Elven Dream

Post by Quin_Larien_Halfling »

The moon is full and illuminates the world below as if it was day. A breeze as soft as a feather brushing her cheeks and through her hair as she dances under the moon light. Smell of the wild flowers hung in the air along with the blossoms of the cherry tree's among where she dances.

He stands under a willow tree watching her every move, feeling the same breeze as she is as she dances. Like an intimate caress of two lovers, he loses himself as she gets closer and closer to him. He moves around the trunk of the willow as not to be seen by this dancing beauty.

She has no idea that she is being watched as she dances. Only thing she hears is the music of the crickets, and the frogs making harmony in the late hours in the night with the stars as her audience. Her face moist with perspiration and her long silvery white hair as pure as the moon herself moving with the breeze looking like a dance of its own. Bright lavender eyes that shines like the brightest of the stars, sparkle with the stars of the heavens.
Last edited by Quin_Larien_Halfling on Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

She is half Drow and half surface elf. Her father is Drow and she takes his skin tone and silvery white hair. She can have his temper when she gets in the heated discussion. Her hair is as long as her back and with the light of the moon it is illuminated like it is when it is full on a crystal clear night.

Her mother of the surface elves, was a great ranger and very keen in magic. She had taken those traits plus her mothers beautiful lavender eyes and magnificent silver wings. She has the abilities to transform into a Griffin in a whim with silver wings and fine features of a great and majestic creature of the skies. Any man would be proud to be her husband if they did not mind her being a cross breed.

As she dances under the full moon, she swears she seen a form by the tree. She stops to look closely yet she sees nothing, was it a dream like how the wind blows through her hair so intimately. Her eyes looked hurt hoping it was not a dream as she left the tree and went back to her camp.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Like a shooting star from the heavens comes down a fine creature, a Pegasus. Lightning is his name and friend of the fine female elf as she, whom is protective and would beat down any who he does not trust near her. Like a guardian of the heavens he is never too far away from her even if she wishes to be alone. Yet she is always a lone other than Lightning by her side.

She looks to the heavens and prays to any God or Goddess to be accepted as she is. No matter what color her skin maybe or what breed of elf, she just wishes to belong and have friends like everyone else. Is she being selfless to have a need of friendship? Or to have a special someone she could hold and be apart of his life? Only the Gods know, but only she can control her destiny.

The moon is sinking behind the horizon as the sunlight lightens the eastern skies. Watching the fading stars as she and her Pegasus walk on continuing journey to finding peace between the two elven clans. Wondering if it is only a dreams hope it will succeed.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

As this female half Drow walks along side her Pegasus, she thinks of the figure she had sworn she had seen by the willow tree. She dreamed him having long white hair the shines in the moon light and with deep blue eyes that you could get lost with in. His voice singing as her spirit dances, and a touch of his hand letting her know he will catch her if she falls.

Lightning, watches as he walks beside her and notices she is lost in a waking dream. He beams a smiling expression towards her as they continue walking with out her speaking to him. He knows when she is like this she is falling for him even though they are not together in this time. Lightning knows that one day she will meet him and he just hopes she will not forget the first friend she has had when she was young.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

They stop and rest for a few by a stream deep in the Dark Forest which was once her home. But having to leave for her parents murdered by her own breed, just because her parents were two different elves who fell in love and married. She grew angry thinking bout how the Drow and Surface had to fight all the time. Why not live in harmony she thought as she got some cool fresh water from the stream.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Remembering the the figure and how she was dancing made herself blush. She had not danced like that under the full moon long since the death of her parents. It was her mothers favorite thing to watch her daughter dance around the fire at her home under the full moon. And now that they are both no longer living, she does it for the memory of them.

Lightning comes up from behind her and gives her a nudge and she goes head first into the stream. Laughing she splashes him and he joins her in the stream, laughing and neighing they have fun since the passing of her parents. After a time she and Lightning gets out of the water and she starts a fire and removes her wet clothing and places them around the fire to dry. She puts on fresh dry clothes and finds some food in the forests to eat. Lightning grazes some of the grass that is near by... never going too far from her to watch and guard her. All this under the full moon.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

The sun rises over the top of the highest mountain, it's warm raise touching her sweet face as she wakes up from the branch high in an Oak tree. As she opens her eyes she notices two chipmunks sleeping in her arms, she giggles and watch them wake up looking at her. She hears voices coming from a distance, and hears crashing and chopping noises. She stays in the tree and sends Lightning a sign to stay out of view and she blends in with the Oak tree. She realized that it was man, for no elf would treat the forest like it was trash so she thought. This angered her as she watched them getting closer and closer.

Many hours has passed and the light had begun to sink in the west mountains. She was still watching the men tearing up what once was her playground, tears came as each chopping sound came to her ears. There was nothing one elf could do by herself. She had seen the weapons each of them had to kill off anything that got in their way. She felt it was not just her and the humans no longer, she had sensed there was another presence and it was elf.

Quite a distance behind her, she turned and saw camp made for the fading sun shown her the glowing of the fire. She had to be careful as not to be seen by these elves for there was no way she could tell if they would harm her or not. Then she saw three elves pop out of the shadows and confronted the men. She watched silently as they did so.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

As she sits in the branches she listens to the leader of the elves... She hears this strong and powerful voice be spoken from a cloaked figure. “Leave this place!” The words were overwhelming to her as she stood on the branch. The other two Elves looked to be rangers like her mother was. Their bows were ready as they aimed to the rowdy humans. “By what right do you now enter this forest and tear it down? This place is ours by birthright and I am commanding you to leave my forest!” On of the men stepped forward and spat at his feet. This figure seemed to have authority over the other two elves. His response was letting his arrow lose a the men’s feet. He quickly drew another arrow and repositioned his aim at the men. “You are a bunch of drunken lumberjacks. Do you really want to tangle with the finest from the Elven Clan of Elwesoron?”

She looks to the figure that stands just below her and was unsure of what he was. Her lavender eyes glow with anticipation to see where things go as she stands in the Oak tree. Unable to detect what he is, if human, or some other humanoid like herself... she had to watch and see... She did not want a battle, she would stop it before it started she thought to herself.

In the distance of the group of men and elves, a wolf was out and about in the woods. Smelling the aggression in the air she heads in that direction, with the possibility of prey in the back of her mind. As she pads along quietly, contemplating the greater and lesser evils of preying on living animals for her dinner. Whether or not it might be better to eat plants and berries instead of meat. She decides it would be best to save for another day or two.

Standing tall as she can in the great Oak tree, strong breeze blowing her long shining hair that is reflecting the moonlight making it glow. With her lavender eyes glowing brightly as the excitement below gets too much, knowing she needs to stop before blood is spilled. She spreads her silver wings wide and sparkles shine off the feathers as the light touches them making them sing. Quin whistles to Lightning her fine Pegasus, as a signal to stay put.

She nocked her bow as she aimed right in the center of the two groups, and released the arrow and listened to it whistled as it flew in the air. It struck the ground and Lightning reared and charged at the two races. Quin leaps off the branch and pounded the ground as she hit the earth. Stood quickly and stopped her steed from getting himself hurt for reckless behavior. Once she calms her steed, she was afraid to look behind her. As she slowly turns around to face her fears as she has not seen another type of elf other than her family nor human. She scans the group and comes to stop at looking at this cloaked figure, the leader of the Elven clan of Elwesoron. "Greetings, may I ask what is happening here?"
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

The cloaked figure that has the strong voice barely starts at the young maiden who stands before him. He’d known that someone was hiding in the great Oak tree, he just did not know what. What truly bothered him was soft padding of an animal near by and did not know if it was friend or foe. He looked to his cousin Athariel and in his native tongue told him to keep an eye open for they maybe unexpected company. He then turned to her, half-drow and put down his hood. He was a moon elf, she thought to herself. This elf was just over 100 years old by the way he looked, with his long white hair that came down past his shoulders. His deep blue eyes considered her closely and carefully before answering her question. “I am Malek Tarynmoth, noble of clan Elwesoron. This forest was my clan’s home for bout 1500 years ago. Now I have come back to reclaim our ancient homeland only to find these…humans tearing it up.”

Quin looks deep in to this nobles blue eyes and almost losing herself with in his spirit, strong and full of knowledge of this world as she has been kept hidden from. Nervous from being around so many beings, except her Pegasus Lightning and other creatures of the Dark Forest. But she felt something so different for looking into this elf’s eyes, she was curious indeed bout him, ‘Malek’ she thought to her self, ‘Are you friend or foe?’ she whispered to herself.

As she looks deep into his blue eyes as she continues. “I am positive if I was home, I would sure would have been killed off as well. I have been wandering in the same Dark Forest for days and nights with out food. Unsure of where to go and who to trust as I have been kept close to my birthplace and just started to wander to learn for myself… I just did not want to learn in this manner. I was very wary of you as I have watched for one day and a half you and your members. I was just afraid you would kill me instead of knowing why I was watching. Quin quickly gets to her knees as she says, “Forgive me, for not showing my self sooner. I had no intentions of harm to you or your friends.” As she fallen to her knees her moonlit hair falls to cover her face as she prayed to what ever God or Goddess who would listen to her, shaking in fear that he might take her head of what she is. She would not fight back if he wished to take her life.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Quin watches as Malek puts his bow away and walks over to her as he holds out his hand. “Please, stand up. I do not want any formalities. I am not anyone’s lord.” Malek glances to Athariel and says in Elven, “You deal with the humans. I have other business to handle. I can trust you can handle this with out any spilt blood?” The other elf nods his head and starts towards the men. Malek with is hand still held out for her to grab says, “Come. Lets see if we can get some food for you and your Pegasus. Away from all this politics.”

As she looks at the out stretched hand, Quin slowly takes his hand and rises up to her feet. Brushing off the dirt and making herself look more presentable, she allows Malek to lead her away from the crowd. Remembering Lightning and how he will react to a stranger leading her away, she turned her head still walking with Malek, and in a cool calm voice she said, "Nizzre', zexen'uma rath, Usstan tlun zhaunus uk zhah naut aluin ulu jivviim uns'aa. Usstan zhaun dosst protective jhal ol orn tlu ula Usstan iglata dos zhaun Usstan shlu'ta handle usstan." (Lightning, stay back, I am sure he is not going to harm me. I know your protective but it will be fine I promise, you know I can handle myself.) She smiles as she knew Lightning would not be far behind them as they made way to his camp.

Malek walked up to the fine Pegasus and spoken in his native tongue, attempting to prove to him that he had no dark intentions. “Lightning, is it? You need not to worry my fine friend. I only desire to speak to her.” Turning back to her, he lead her the short distance away to where their camp was made. He asked her to sit and wait as he searched for the leftovers and water skin that was put away. “Please, eat. And try to relax a little, I promise I will not harm you.”
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

Quin was shocked as she watched Malek get near and pat Lightning. Something told her this elf was the one who was watching her dance by the willow tree. Could it possibly have been him as she thought. Maybe that was why Lightning did not react to him with any aggression. She found a place by the fire and sat down to try to warm up a bit. Quin was thankful for the water and rabbit as she took it with out hesitation. “Thank you sir for your kindness and again forgive me for earlier. I am just one to avoid fighting if possible. I am more of a peace maker to the creatures of this forest, yet I have had a few battles nothing drastic or life threatening.” She looks away angered for her to start to ramble on as she takes a bite of the food.

She then looks into Malek’s deep blue eyes and trying to see if she could read anything bout him. But with no luck she turns and continues to eat her dinner, trying to return some energy she has lost in these past days. Quin starts to relax a little and enjoys his company as Lightning stands not far from the two just out side the camp.
Quin_Larien_Halfling
Regular

“Heh, my clan’s militia captain is “sir”. I’m just Malek.” Malek waited as she ate, and though to himself, ‘She is beautiful, no doubt bout it. Perhaps there will be a time for us to get to know one another in the future.’ A few moments have passed in silence when Malek broke the quiet by stating, “I’m actually not sure if I am still a noble. My clan had exiled me a few years ago, and I don’t know wither they’ve disowned me or…I don’t know. When I left, I was a noble. I chose to follow Eilistraee and they forced me to leave because she was a drow Goddess. Humph. I’m only doing this for my family because I still love them. My cousin and sister are helping me because they don’t car for who I worship.”

“Well, Malek, I believe you’re a noble no matter if you’ve been exiled or not. It was the teachings of my father and mother who were both nobles in their clan’s. I myself would have been a lady if it was not for the two clans fighting like children.” She looked to her now empty plate angry for how others can treat their own kind… just because they think differently.

Quin looks to his features as she places the plate down. Confused bout the feelings that are playing with her mind, she gets up and walked over to Lightning and petted him. “I don’t understand why different Clans believe in Gods or Goddesses, for as I have witnessed many times over, it has only caused war, pain, and suffering.”

She walked back to where she had sat, but changed her mind on sitting and started to walk around the fire. “At least you still have a family as I have none, except my Pegasus Lighting. He is my family and he is my God!” Quin looks to Lightning and smiles to him as he paws the ground and whinnies. She knew he was a big part of her life since she had no friends other than the animals of the dark woods. With that she looked back to Malek and searched his blue eyes, wondering if she would have the luxury of getting to know him as a lord as she believes he is deep with in. She could see he was a great leader and she would follow him anywhere’s.

Malek laughs at her exclamation. “I agree with you. Religion does cause war between people, but for the individual it can be.. Liberating.” Malek thinks a moment bout what she said bout her family. “Well, if I weren’t in exile, I would name you a clan friend and consider you a part of the family.” Malek looks back, deep into her lavender eyes. He seemed to almost lose himself with in her gaze.