Trying to set the record straight

Roleplaying can be a great source for stories. But whether your stories come from roleplaying or whether you wrote them separate of anything else, this is the forum to post your stories. These stories can be funny, dramatic, epic in scale, of very small scope, or really anything you can think of. Note that this forum is for posting stories only. Discussions on stories and even just simple compliments should be posted in the Out Of Character forum or by sending a private message to the author.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CrankyOzzie
Regular

Trying to set the record straight

Post by CrankyOzzie »

[i:2yj1bzwq]This is the first part of her story. I welcome comments and suggestions, and all that sort of thing. I don't know how long this will end up being. I'll start a thread in the OOC section if people want to let me know what they think of the content, style, and the like.

For those interested, here are her 'vital statistics'

Name: Rade Ilphukiir (Aly'ae Alesek) Roughly translated, her original name and house name means 'Singing dancer (Aly'ae), Traders of Adamantium (Alesek)

Physical description: 4'11" in height, pure white hair, lilac eyes. Due to having spent her entire life on the surface, her skin is not quite as dark as those Drow who still live in the Underdark. Rade has an almost child-like appearance, being slender of limb and short. She is obviously not a child however, having a huskier voice than a girl would have, and breasts. They're not 36DDs, but they're obviously that of a woman.

Personality: Most of the time she is rather fun to be around, always ready to crack a joke, or laugh at another's. She can make some women jealous, with her flirtatious nature, and tendancy to wear either form-fitting, or somewhat revealing clothes. Often she doesn't even realise she's doing it. There are times however, when her passion is stirred, and she can be fiery in the defense of the people and things she loves. At other times, she can be quite serious, verging on bitterness. She can sometimes suprise with her insight into people and apparent wisdom, almost shattering the flirty, giggly image she puts forth most of the time. Those who truly get to know her may also find she has a deep sadness. A complex person, there is no doubt.

Um, I'll put her basic character sheet stats up later, as well as some of her gear. I can't be bothered to do it right now.[/i:2yj1bzwq]

"Momma! Momma! Tomas keeps pulling my hair, tell him to stop!" The woman paused in her daily ritual of tending the household, turning with a fond smile at the voice of the girl. She was tiny, well below the height of the object of her annoyance, the boy, Tomas. A flash of brown came hurtling through the door, skidding to a halt and pointing with an accusing finger. "She started it!" "Did not!" The girl retorted, stomping her foot and poking her tongue out. The woman laughed at their antics, setting down the rag she'd been polishing the table with. "Tomas, stop pulling her hair. And you, miss" she fixed the impish girl with a hard look "Stop goading him!"

Both children grumbled and groused at being chided, each one blaming the other. But the girls mother knew what was going on. They were both reaching the stage where little boys and girls stop seeing each other as disgusting things, and looked at each other with curiosity and wonder. Shew knew that the playful teasing was just their way of showing affection. She also knew that, in time, the teasing would stop, but the 'playful' would continue.
Taking a couple of mugs from the table, she filled them with water, holding them out to the children. "Come, you must be thirsty after all that playing. Your papa will be here soon for his lunch, you can sit with us and eat."

Both of their faces lit up at the promise of food. The growth spurts they were experiencing often made them ravenous, and even the girl, usually the epitome of decorum at the table, was known to shovel food into her mouth like it was going to disappear if she didn't eat fast enough. Taking their stools at the low table, they waited impatiently for their 'papa' to arrive. The boy, of course, was not their own, but had been cared for by them so long - and indeed, the rest of the commune - that he might as well be theirs.

He'd been found abandoned in the woods not far from the small collection of huts. A bastard half-breed. Half Human, Half Elven. Unwanted by his mother, it seemed. The entire village had helped rear him, but it was the their family that had taken on full time responsibility for him, eventually.

But now, their papa was home, and the gorging could begin. Both young ones fell upon their food, barely waiting for the man to sit. They ate in silence, apart from the sounds of the two children gobbling their food. Once they had finished, the woman turned to her husband and murmured "Tomas has been pulling Rade's hair again. I think it is time we had a talk to them." Both children sat bolt upright, mortified, believing they'd be in trouble, they started spouting their innocence, again, each blaming the other. "Children!" papa snapped, silencing them. His face broke into a fond smile and he chuckled slightly. "You are not in trouble. Tomas, come with me, we need to talk about some things. Rade, you stay here with your mother."

The two men left the hut, leaving the women alone. Rade's mother turned to her, motioning her to come close. "It is time you learnt the difference between boys, and girls, Rade. Soon, you'll be a young woman. You will change, and no doubt, be scared by the changes. Do not fear them, my little flower, all women go through them. "Even you, mama?" she murmured in reply. "Even me"
Last edited by CrankyOzzie on Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I quit smoking with Eilistraee! - Courtesy of http://www.sloganizer.net/en/
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

Time passed - as time has a habit of doing - and both Tomas and Rade grew, as children tend to do. Their relationship had moved from teasing to something far more pleasant for the both of them. Rade was now an even 100 years of age, and Tomas was at 17. They were, in terms of maturity, roughly the same age. Tomas had noticed her changing from a waif of a girl into a slim, beautiful young woman. Sometimes, he was so befuddled with her, he seemed in a daze. The fact she wore as little as possible - often nothing - did not help his situation.

Eventually, the inevitable had happened. They'd been swimming at a pool, about two miles from the hamlet. As they lay across the warm rocks, drying themselves, Tomas truly noticed Rade's nudity. He ached to touch her, and it was quite obvious. After several torturous minutes - during which Rade deliberately stretched and twisted about, displaying herself at all angles poor, she rolled over to face him, her own desire obvious in the flush of her skin, and her quickened breathing. Fumbilingly, they made love for the first time, barely lasting ten minutes in each others embrace before it was over.

Rade's mother knew almost immediately what had occurred when they returned home. The glow on their faces, and the fact Rade was walking funny was enough to tell the story. As the two youngsters entered the hut, they tried to hide their guilty faces. Rade's mother (I'll come up with a name later, I can't keep referring to her as 'Rade's mother) simply laughed, embracing them both and whispering into Rade's ear. "So, my little girl is a woman now, hmm?"

After they had been sneaking into each other's rooms at night for over a month, it was decided they might as well share a room. So our young bard passed her late 'teens' in pleasant bliss and young love.

It was a year or so later when she had the accident that would see her barren for life. A travelling merchant had arrived to hawk his wares in his horse-drawn cart. Rade, enthralled by the beauty of the beasts, had drawn too close, and been rewarded with a kick to the stomach. She spent the next fortnight in the temple recovering, the first few days were agony. Her mother, also being a priestess, tended to her personally, saying many a prayer, fearing for her survival. Eventually, she recovered, but was heart broken at hearing the news she might never be able to bear children. She had planned to be the mother of Tomas' children, but that plan was dashed now.

[i:2oztzv9k]OK, that's all I can think of right now. A rough sketch of the next part of the story. I'll expand on it later.[/i:2oztzv9k]
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

[i:3h7oxcvs]OK, I decided to just get as much down as I could, before I forget it. I'll flesh it out a bit later[/i:3h7oxcvs]

Thirty years passed, and Tomas and Rade were still together.
But once again, tragedy struck. Tomas, out hunting in the forest, was gored and killed by a wild Boar. Rade vowed never to take another lover, a vow she soon forgot. It wasn't that she didn't love Tomas, or had forgotten about him, she was just like that. She could not resist the charms of other men - and, sometimes, women. Besides, that particularly Elven period known as 'The Blooming' had been postponed for her by her devotion to one man.

It was a year or so later that wanderlust struck for the first time. Rade just sort of up and left home one day. Her parents worried, of course, knowing she was rather whimsical in nature, and prone to making bad decisions. Returning a few days later, she laughed at them. "I can take care of myself, I'm not a little girl any more".

Time and again over the course of the next ten or so years, she'd wander off without telling anyone. Eventually, her parents became used to her behaviour, and stopped worrying, well, they stopped worrying [i:3h7oxcvs]as much[/i:3h7oxcvs]. Each stint away grew longer and longer, until - finally - she packed up a few possesions, and slipped off for good, vowing to return
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

For many years she traveled, roaming where her whimsy chose. It was during one of her travels she met her next lover, Mikal, a Human.

She had found him, badly beaten, on the edge of a forest. He'd been ambushed by Brigands, and had had most of his possessions stolen. His clothes were torn, and his body bore the marks of many a knife wound.

She crept closer, warily, watching him for a few moments. Realising a man in his state would be no threat, she stepped from the woods, hurrying the short distance to him. 'Have you come to finish me off?' he asked in a rattly voice. 'Do it swiftly, if you have!'
Kneeling down beside him, she ran her hands over his most serious wounds, using what cure spells she had memorised to at least partly heal them. As the energy worked to close the wounds, he gasped, his breath coming hard.

'I have not come to kill you, human.' She murmured between the spells. 'After all, one does not first heal that which one wishes to kill, does one?' She asked, a tiny smile playing on her lips. There was no answer, he'd passed out. Leaving him for a moment, she picked around at the edge of the forest, fashioning crude stretcher from some tree limbs and her cloak. As gently as she could, she loaded him onto it, dragging him back in amongst the trees.
For three days, she took only snatches of sleep, watching over him as the wounds slowly healed. Every morning, she'd undergo the same routine, casting a few cure spells over the wounds, cooking them both breakfast and feeding him.

'I'm afraid I can't do much about your clothes' She said to him on the fourth day as he began to walk around. He blinked, looking her over as if really noticing her for the first time. A chuckle escaped him, as he saw just how small she was. 'No, I suppose not. Your cloak will have to do then. Where are you headed?' He asked her
'Waterdeep'
He watched her a few moments and nodded. 'We can journey together then, I suppose. I was on my way from there to Silverymoon, but I won't make it now'

The next day, they began their journey towards Amphail, a small village that lay north east of Waterdeep, and which lay some 20 leagues away. Over the course of the following week or so, they became friendlier towards each other.

'Why are you going to Waterdeep?' Mikal asked her one day, as they traveled out of Amphail. 'I am going to visit a very special place there.' She smiled mysteriously. 'And, where is this "special place"?' he replied. 'The Promenade' She answered. He made no reply for a while, just nodded. 'Good to hear' he finally said, offering her a warm smile.

The pair would eventually become lovers, traveling many places together over the course of the next few years. Eventually, Mikal sponsored her into the Harpers, knowing she had a good heart, even if she [i:fw7zbe16]was[/i:fw7zbe16] rather whimsical in nature and prone to sudden changes of mind.

After some time, she received her pin, and worked to do her best to make the Harpers proud. She would return to Waterdeep, and The Promenade, many times over the course of the next twenty or so years of her life. Mikal eventually drifted away from her, watching as she seemed to never age, while he grew older day by day.
CrankyOzzie
Regular

Post by CrankyOzzie »

[i:3hk7yz2c]Alright, I'm skipping forward a loooong time here, simply because I can.[/i:3hk7yz2c]

She had found herself on this world through a freak accident with a Gate whilst leaving Skullport. A world that was utterly alien to her, in terms of culture and what was acceptable. Creatures such as Ogres, Goblins, Fiend and Half-Fiends walked side by side with Human, Elves, and Half-Celestials. Mortal enemies back home were firm friends here. Oh, there was animosity between some, but that was more personal issues than directly linked to racial tensions.

For many years she had called these lands home. She had fought alongside others, battling demons, undead, and more mundane creatures to secure the safety of the lands. She had acted as spy, diplomat, scholar, and entertainer, to the same end result. Many hailed her as a hero, many cursed her name, calling her; well, many things that are ungracious.

Turning the key in the door, she jiggled the handle, ensuring it was actually locked. She gave a soft half-laugh, recalling the many good times she'd had had in this house. [b:3hk7yz2c]"My house,"[/b:3hk7yz2c] she thought to herself. [b:3hk7yz2c]"My home for the past few years. Now, it will belong to whoever buys it."[/b:3hk7yz2c] Chanting a quiet melody, a shimmering portal opened at her feet and she stepped in, exiting in the nearby city of Alvar. Returning the key to the Estate agent there, she recited a short ditty, opening yet another portal and stepping in. This time, she exited in a place that overlooked the swamps north of the village, the side of the giant volcano that loomed over the island.
Turning slowly, she took in the sight of the place that had been her home for so many years one last time. Silent tears filled her eyes as she surveyed the lands.

Taking the small stone from her pouch, she looked it over. The mage had told her it would open a portal to her world, Aebir-Toril. He could not guarantee where it would dump her, though. It was a risk she was willing to take. To see her home again, to walk amongst the forests of Faerun. To feel the tang of the salt air on the Sword coast and exhilirate at the dances held in honour of the Dark Maiden. For this, she would have given anything. And she had. She was leaving with barely enough gold to cover her expenses for a week, discounting her numerous magical treasures.

It was with both immense joy and great pain that she keyed the stone. Staring at the shimmering gate that opened before her, she hesitated a moment. So many she was leaving behind. But to be [i:3hk7yz2c]home![/i:3hk7yz2c]. With a final glance, she stepped through, the magical surge of the Gate tingling every nerve, setting them on edge as the traversed the ethereal in but a moment. A thousand images flashed through her mind as she stepped across that immense, but tiny distance. A million thoughts, a hundred words. They all, in a scant moment, flashed through her mind. But the last thought, the last thing that passed through her mind was.. [b:3hk7yz2c]"I'm coming home"[/b:3hk7yz2c]