Tales of the Watch

Roleplaying can be a great source for stories. But whether your stories come from roleplaying or whether you wrote them separate of anything else, this is the forum to post your stories. These stories can be funny, dramatic, epic in scale, of very small scope, or really anything you can think of. Note that this forum is for posting stories only. Discussions on stories and even just simple compliments should be posted in the Out Of Character forum or by sending a private message to the author.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Mousestalker
Maid
Maid

Tales of the Watch

Post by Mousestalker »

[b:kmxtmjer][i:kmxtmjer]Statement of one Salshry, former resident of Low Alley, newest novice monk of Tyr[/i:kmxtmjer][/b:kmxtmjer]

I had had a very good day sweeping off the streets and begging and had started my daily bender early. And a good thing too, as if I hadn't, I'd have still been passed out when it happened. And I'd be dead now, sure as I'm standing here today.

Anyways, as I was saying, I'd had more than my fill of drinking and had passed out in the alley behind the Lonesome Dragon, when I heard the sound. Like a dog it was, but not a dog, if you follow me. Deeper somehow, and much more fierce than any city dog I've heard. I jerked my head up just in time to see the biggest, hairiest dog I've ever seen running straight at me. I ducked behind some broken crates and it passed close enough to me that I could see it's demon red eyes and six inch fangs. I could even smell carrion on its breath. If ever there was a dog from the Hells, this was the very beast. It pelted past me. For a moment I thought I was safe, then I saw them.

They were very hard to see. At first I thought I saw black smoke with white smoke on top, then I caught the glint of steel and I realized I was seeing the stuff of nightmares. I cowered behind my crates as the foul drow ran towards me following their hound as it yipped and bayed it's way towards the high square. I had Tymora's own luck as they paid me no heed when they ran past. I could barely see them as they had removed all clothing the better to blend into the night and do their wicked deeds in secret.

I promised Tyr that if he delivered me from the spawn of the Underdark, I'd never drink again and clean his holy temple in penance. And so I have done to this very day.

[b:kmxtmjer]Statement of Heltha Moondancer, corporal of the Watch[/b:kmxtmjer]

I was working the evening shift when a report came in that there was a warg lose in the city. The watch is capable, but we are mostly city folk and are therefore inexperienced in hunting. On the other hand, my Circle was in need of a subject for our High Hunt and I knew that our Sister was anxious about finding a suitable prey. I approached Sergeant Bays and received permission to go off duty early and gather volunteers to go hunt the beast before it injured any more pets or turned its attention to the city children.

When I told the Sister, Eranthee, she was delighted. We came up with a workable plan, sent word around to the other members of the Goddess' circle and gathered for prayer, dance and song. Once we had asked for our Lady's blessing, we stripped down to hunting trim and went off in pursuit. After an uneventful chase, we caught the beast, found out it was only an ordinary wolf, captured it and made arrangements to release it deep in the forest.