Nightdreamer

Roleplaying can be a great source for stories. But whether your stories come from roleplaying or whether you wrote them separate of anything else, this is the forum to post your stories. These stories can be funny, dramatic, epic in scale, of very small scope, or really anything you can think of. Note that this forum is for posting stories only. Discussions on stories and even just simple compliments should be posted in the Out Of Character forum or by sending a private message to the author.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Nightdreamer

Post by Zzadrina Kel'Shri »

[center:cuvhsx5g][color=darkred:cuvhsx5g]Just as the title says. I needed to start working out her background, and figured this would be the funnest way to do so.

I blame you, Lothir. XD

First bit will be up soon. :x[/color:cuvhsx5g][/center:cuvhsx5g]
" Hey Lil, what''''s going on in the world news today?"
" Some woman got whacked!"
"....Apparently, this is cause for celebration in Lil Land."
--My friend and I
Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Post by Zzadrina Kel'Shri »

[center:2t9t4uv2][i:2t9t4uv2]Hush, child, the darkness will rise from the deep, and
carry you down into sleep
Hush, child, the darkness will rise from the deep, and
carry you down into sleep...

Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty, loyalty,
Loyalty, loyalty, loyalty, loyalty,
Only to Me...[/i:2t9t4uv2][/size:2t9t4uv2][/center:2t9t4uv2]

[center:2t9t4uv2][img:2t9t4uv2]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307 ... 21/dri.jpg[/img:2t9t4uv2]
[/center:2t9t4uv2]

The courtyard of House Kel'Shri felt oddly empty.

It was common for guards clad in glittering chain-mail to make their rounds about the walls, and it was also common for rough-spun clad slaves to run to and fro, running errands for their mistresses. The courtyard itself was fully of stone, statues of spiders and other edifices of the goddess Lolths power illuminated by soft faerie fire. Apart from a pair of guards standing near a pair of stone double doors carved with glowing webs, a lone drow female paced toe-heel across the floor. A scowl was set on her fierce face, and her hand idly careened over the snake whip at her hip, adorned with three heads. The mark of a high priestess of Lolth. The snakes writhed companionably at the female drows' side as she paced, casting glances at the double doors ever so often. The drow mumbled under her breath and cast a glower at the pair of House guards, who watched her futile gesture of anger impassively.

Miz'ri Kel'Shri had been told to leave the birthing room while her mother delivered her fifth child, the newest female in the Kel'Shri line. Her mother, Matron Zylene, had borne three girls, and one male from her patron, who was little more than a slave to the Matron, a lover in the shackles of the unavoidable fate of a drow male.

This next child was also to be a girl, and of course a priestess like the rest of the women in her family. Miz'ri was the eldest, a powerful and haughty priestess of Lolth along with her other sister Elvlyl. The youngest, Vizra was still in training, but was just as volatile as her siblings, with an explosive temper and cunning drow mannerisms. They cared not for the status of their brother, who was often left in the hands of the family trainers, being tempered into a competent soldier for his family who followed orders to the letter and never asked questions.

Another shriek echoed from deep within the chamber, long and high pitched and jarring to Miz'ris ears before it ended abruptly and the guards stepped aside. The drow woman burst through the doors, hissing angrily and sending servants scurrying away in her wake and snapping her whip at those who were not fast enough. A curtain was moved aside for her when she stopped at it, and the drow woman stepped inside.

Her mother sat in the birthing chair, her head to her chest and her hair damp and clinging to her face. She wore nothing but a thin slip, which was now much too big for her that her baby had now passed through her. The blood dripping down the chair and onto the marble floor in great red splotches attested to that.

As Miz'ri approached her mother, the Matron looked up at her eldest and regained her composure, sitting up straight in the chair as much as she could and raising her chin to a noble tilt.
" You bring news?" She asked, her voice harsh from the screaming earlier. It had not been an easy birth. Miz'ri bent into a kneel befitting the Matron Mother and nodded.
" I do."[/size:2t9t4uv2]
" Hey Lil, what''''s going on in the world news today?"
" Some woman got whacked!"
"....Apparently, this is cause for celebration in Lil Land."
--My friend and I