Roleplaying can be a great source for stories. But whether your stories come from roleplaying or whether you wrote them separate of anything else, this is the forum to post your stories. These stories can be funny, dramatic, epic in scale, of very small scope, or really anything you can think of. Note that this forum is for posting stories only. Discussions on stories and even just simple compliments should be posted in the Out Of Character forum or by sending a private message to the author.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

Nedylene Rahn - Mistrunner felt the pain in her very soul. Something told her all was not right anymore. She looked up to see a vestige of her elder sister before her, but she seemed in detress. Arolan her wood elf husband and father of her latest child, a boy they named for a friend of theirs, Elisgard, stood by Nedylene's side.

"Nedylene what's wrong?" he said.

"My sister!" she cried out.

Nedylene watched the vestige began to fade away. [i:1ux1gdnj]What had happened to my sister?[/i:1ux1gdnj] Nedylene felt her heart began to ache with a pain that tore her to her soul.

"My sister with the blood of Corellon is gone!" cried Nedylene loudly.

Nedylene's pain was worse than that she felt when she lost her mortal sisters Ursula and Sabine. Arolan took her in his arms and eased her down to the floor of Lunar Temple on Elben Aator. He looked worried. His wife was in great pain and seemed to be deeply devastated.

Suddenly the interior of the Temple glowed brightly with a light that even made Arolan shield his eyes. The most handsome Elf he ever saw stood before the two of them. In his very soul and being Arolan knew the Elf before him. Suddenly Nedylene began to become a shade of dark brown and her hair changed to black. She seemed to be in some pain as the transformation began. Arolan held her in his arms as she turned from a Drow back into the true form of the Dark Elf.

"Arolan from this day forward you are the guardian of my daughter. She is heir to Eilistraee's place in the Seldarine if she so chooses. I will leave it up to her," spoke Corellon Larethian.

"Nedylene's portfolio will be that of Eilistraee's before her death and healing when she chooses to ascend. Until then she will be my servant here and work with you and Elisgard in guiding the Tel'Quessir of this Isle. The Ssri-tel-quessir or as the Humans call them are redeemed if they lack the taint of Wendonai's blood. Nedylene's line was free of this taint and were victims of the Dhaerow, not Dhaerow themselves."
Last edited by silke_rahn on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

OOC:This previous piece of Short Fiction came to me after reading the entries about Eilistraee on the Forgotten Realms Wiki. I just wondered how Nedylene Rahn soon to be Nedylene Rahn-Mistrunner would notice the loss of Eilistraee. In that RP Nedylene is the half-sister to Eilistraee. Her father is Corellon Larethian in that stroyline. Unlike most of the Drow that follow Lolth and many that have returned to the surface Nedylene's line is free of the demon heritage. I figured that she would beformed into the original form of the Dark Elves. From their discription they sounded like dark skinned dark haired versions of Wood Elves. Though they may have different attribute adjustments than their cousins the Wood Elves.

What Arolan is wittnessing is the conversion of Nedylene into the true form of the Dark Elve not the form they were cursed to because of the betrayals of the leading houses and clans of the Ilythiiri. In Nedylene's storyline the Vrinn or at least her branch of that clan didnot mix with the demons and thus were not tained with demon blood. So if I read the entries right when the transformation of the Drow that did not have demon blood in their heritage occurs Nedylene is one of them and her wood elven husband witnessed the transformation. I figured that the process though divine would be painful even for her.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.