Nightfall

Roleplaying can be a great source for stories. But whether your stories come from roleplaying or whether you wrote them separate of anything else, this is the forum to post your stories. These stories can be funny, dramatic, epic in scale, of very small scope, or really anything you can think of. Note that this forum is for posting stories only. Discussions on stories and even just simple compliments should be posted in the Out Of Character forum or by sending a private message to the author.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Nightfall

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1srpr12c]The following short stories are drawn up from a character I rped on a nwn server. She is based loosely off a character from a novel by Mickey Zucker Reichert.Nightfall is an assassin and the following stories are very violent , she is also a prostitute so there is sexual content as well.These stories are from different times in Nightfall's extremely long life. The first two take place long after the third. So I hope you enjoy , and feel free to email me any questions, comments or outright critisisms .
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Nightfall 1

Post by Nedylene »

[t:31nck0p9]The hooded figure sat in the back of the noisy tavern alone. A wench walked by and set an ale in front of the figure, but it was left untouched. The figure sat still watching the doorway intently until someone entering seemed to catch the figures eye. A stout man in the garments befitting a wealthy merchant entered the tavern , his red nose and flushed cheeks giving testimony to the many taverns he must have already visited that night.
[t:31nck0p9]The hooded figures head turns to follow the man as he staggers to the bar to order an ale, before turning to plop himself in a seat. The hooded figure draws back her hood , revealing a woman. Her face is strong, chiseled even, more handsome than beautiful and vine like tattoos cover a good portion of her face. Her steely grey gaze cuts through the crowd, focused solely on the drunken merchant. Pushing the cloak back she reveals a plain dark colored wool dress. The dress is threadbare and simple, but cut low enough to reveal her full breasts and obvious occupation. She sways her hips seductively as she approaches the merchant, leaning forward over his table so that he gets a very good view of what the gown doesn’t cover.
[t:31nck0p9]When she speaks her voice is rich as molasses, husky and smooth, the kind of voice that would grant her the attention her facial features might not,
[t:31nck0p9]“What’s a man like you doing all alone in a place like this?”
[t:31nck0p9]She asks the merchant, her breasts mere inches from the mans face, the ruby color of her rouged nipples visible from the hem of the gown. To her obvious surprise the merchant doesn’t seem to notice her, his attention focused on the handsome male bard performing in the corner of the tavern. Assuming he must not have heard her she clears her throat, shifting her body so her breasts are even closer to the drunken merchants face.
[t:31nck0p9]The merchant merely holds up a hand and pushes her away. Startled she steps back, and one of the men at the table to her left laughs loudly, calling out to her,
[t:31nck0p9]“Don’t think he’s lookin’ for something with a pussy , sweet thing, but I sure am. Come on over here?”
[t:31nck0p9]The woman in the dark dress ignores the man to her left, glaring at the merchant, who is still staring, his mouth partially open , at the bard in the corner. Her cheeks flush red with rage, and her grey eyes start to change, the color lightening to a bright silver that seems to glow in the dim tavern. With a grunt of distaste she turns from the table to exit the tavern, twirling dexterously to avoid the grasping hands of drunken patrons who are more than willing to give her what the merchant was not.
[t:31nck0p9]The hooded figure now crouches alone in a dark alley way. In front of her the noise and commotion of the tavern she just exited are still in full swing, but she doesn’t seem to notice, shrouded as she is in the shadows of the alleyway. The alley is already dark this time of night, but even the few lampposts nearby do not even seem to illuminate her, for it seems as though the very shadows cling to her body, caressing her as gently as a lovers hand. Just as if the shadows were truly her lover she turns her face, closing her eyes and rubbing her head against a swirl of darkness that ebbs around her face.
[t:31nck0p9]But her attention is stolen immediately by the sound of foot steps near her. She makes a face as she realizes that she must have missed the merchant leaving the tavern for he is approaching her alleyway and she is scarcely prepared. She steps back a bit further in the corner at the very moment the drunken merchant swaggers into the alley.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Nightfall 1

Post by Nedylene »

[t:20i6d7m1]“Hey now..Come on over here I gots something to show ya.”
[t:20i6d7m1]The merchant warbles and turns to face a wall, pulling out his member and swaying a bit as he grasps it with one hand and puts the other hand on the wall in front of him. The hooded woman makes a face as the sounds and smell of the drunken man taking a piss fills the alleyway. But she doesn’t hesitate, in one swift fluid movement she twirls from her hiding place and lands behind the drunken merchant. Her hand moving so fast it can barely be seen she draws a small black dagger and slices the merchants throat from ear to ear.
[t:20i6d7m1]The merchant gurgles as he falls, piss spraying against his leg , as his blood drips down on his tunic, forming a pool around him. She crouches down over the mans body, watching him as he chokes out his last breaths and dies . She reaches for the body to drag it away when she hears a soft gasp behind her. A dirty little street urchin is standing at the head of the alleyway , watching her with wide eyes.
[t:20i6d7m1]She curses softly and calls the shadows around herself like a thick black cloak just as the child opens his mouth to scream. Almost immediately she is behind the child, her hand over his mouth and her bloody dagger held high, ready to plunge deep into the child’s struggling body.
[t:20i6d7m1]But seconds before the dagger is thrust into the child’s chest, she stops. Something seems to flash across her eyes, a memory maybe and the dagger falls from her hands, landing with a clatter on the cobblestones below. She releases the child and raises one trembling hand to her head, pushing back the strands of grey hair that have fallen into her eyes.
[t:20i6d7m1]The child now screams and she startles, looking at him, and goes to grab him again .But with a speed born of practice the urchin draws back and kicks her as hard as his bare feet can manage in the shin. She yelps, more from surprise then pain, as the child bolts down the street, Screaming at the guards who have just turned the corner.
[t:20i6d7m1]She curses again and turns to run , to find guards coming down both ends of the street. Guards that are looking right at her and drawing weapons. She panics , looking left and right , but finding no avenue for escape. Slowly she crouches down , as if she is going to surrender, but instead the shadows twirl around her , enveloping her completely.
[t:20i6d7m1]The guards rush to catch the shadowy figure, but by the time they reach her, she is completely gone..
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Nightfall 1

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2ylvzabz]Nightfall curses loudly when she realizes where her quick planar jump took her, and it wasn’t where she wanted to be. She knew Master would be pissed, but had hoped to placate him with the knowledge that the job he had given her had been completed, even if there had been difficulties. But apparently Master was unwilling to listen to her today.
[t:2ylvzabz]She hisses as the chains around her wrists burn into her, the spell they were wrought in sapping her strength and powers, and raises her head slowly to look at her Master.
[t:2ylvzabz]“Naughty naughty girl.. Letting a dirty little street urchin get the better of you. After all I taught you too. Tsk tsk tsk.”
[t:2ylvzabz]Master’s cold voice grates into her as it always does, making the same ball of dread well up in her belly that it had since she was a little girl. She goes to speak, hoping he is in a humorous mood but his hand lashes out , striking her face hard enough to rock her head back.
[t:2ylvzabz]Obediently she lowers her head, spitting out some blood from her mouth.
[t:2ylvzabz]“Why do you make me do this Nightfall?”
[t:2ylvzabz]She says nothing, only keeps her head bowed.
[t:2ylvzabz]“After all I taught you.. all this time ..You still hold this mortal squeamishness?”
[t:2ylvzabz]She just keeps her head down, knowing words will only make it worse at this point.
[t:2ylvzabz]“What will it take to remove the taint of your whore mother from you Nightfall? Must I beat you again?”
[t:2ylvzabz]At his last words she poises ready for the blow she knows is coming and it does , several rapid blows to her gut that rock her forward , knocking the breath from her.
[t:2ylvzabz]“ Speak now girl! What is emotion?”
[t:2ylvzabz]He backhands her hard, one of his rings digging into her cheek, cutting her, but she manages to whisper,
[t:2ylvzabz]“It is foolishness Master. A crutch for mortals that ends up killing them.”
[t:2ylvzabz]He backhands her again, on the other side of her face, his blow breaking her nose with a dull crunch.
[t:2ylvzabz]“So who are emotions for Nightfall?”
[t:2ylvzabz]She spits more blood below her and whispers,
[t:2ylvzabz]“Emotions are for the mortals , emotions are for the weak.”
[t:2ylvzabz]Her Master’s cold laughter fills the room, echoing off the shadows that dance and twirl in his domain.
[t:2ylvzabz]“You have one last chance Nightfall. Don’t fail me. Go to the resort called Pravita. Find a dark skinned man named Daman and get some information on the whereabouts of that damned tiefling I keep losing track of.”
[t:2ylvzabz]She nods slowly, wanting to heal herself but knowing she can’t so long as she is bound, so she only whispers, her head still bowed,
[t:2ylvzabz]“Yes Master, as you will.”
[t:2ylvzabz]The chains on her wrists dissolve and she falls to her knees, grateful as she releases her power , the silver light illuminating her skin as her wounds heal.
[t:2ylvzabz]Her master kneels down to her, his masked face inches from her own, and he cups her chin viciously in one hand, forcing her to look up at him.
[t:2ylvzabz]“Don’t let me down again granddaughter. I gave you your powers. I can take them away.”
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Nightfall 2

Post by Nedylene »

[t:10ezg7fi]The hooded woman was silent as she raced atop the rooftops of the sleeping city. This far above the streets the only illumination was the faint flicker of the stars overhead, the glow of the moons having long been covered by thick dark clouds.
[t:10ezg7fi]But this was how the hooded woman preferred her nights. The shadows of the rooftop ran beside her, swirling around her, a cloak of living , moving darkness.
[t:10ezg7fi]She stopped abruptly at the edge of a building and looked down to the alleyway far below. Buried within the shrouded darkness her hood and mask made of her face, the woman’s eyes started to glow, a strange bright silver . The shadows around her started to grow, swirling around her until she was almost buried in a cloud of darkness. Then she jumped.
[t:10ezg7fi]She landed without a sound on the debris strewn ground below, and she looked about. Standing in the corner of the alley a man stood dressed in dark clothing, leaning against a wall. The woman got up from her crouch , moving towards him slowly.
[t:10ezg7fi]The man in the alley murmured a few words of magic and a small tongue of flame grew from one fingertip, which he casually used to light his pipe. The hooded woman recoiled from the sudden light the small flame provided, stepping back into the safety of her shadows. But the man only chuckled and drew a hit from his pipe before speaking, his words obviously a poem ,
[t:10ezg7fi]“Nightfall laughs , and death’s ax falls.
[t:10ezg7fi]Hell opens wide and swallows all.
[t:10ezg7fi]She rules the depths where no light shows-
[t:10ezg7fi]Darkness comes where Nightfall goes.”
[t:10ezg7fi]The hooded woman snorts a bit and steps closer to the man,
[t:10ezg7fi]“I hate that poem, you know that.”
[t:10ezg7fi]She muttered, her voice husky and smooth . The darkly dressed man only smiled , responding,
[t:10ezg7fi]“It paints you in a less than flattering light, and stretches the truth of your deeds extravagantly. But it is fun to watch your distaste when I quote it to you.”
[t:10ezg7fi]The hooded woman says nothing, only pulls a small pouch from within the depths of her cloak, jingling it before the man.
[t:10ezg7fi]“Yes, yes.. I’ve got them.”
[t:10ezg7fi]The dark clothed man says, pulling a wrapped and tied roll of parchments from his belt offering them out to her. She takes the parchments and tosses the man the coins , which he catches with a dexterous twist of his wrist. The man then looks her up and down, his eyes lingering on the swell of her full breasts beneath her cloak, and he smiles, saying,
[t:10ezg7fi]“Why don’t we go to the tavern, Nightfall? You can work back this coin you gave me and maybe some extra.”
[t:10ezg7fi]She pauses a moment, her glowing eyes burning into the dark clothed man,
[t:10ezg7fi]“Not tonight..”
[t:10ezg7fi]He shrugs and turns to walk away,
[t:10ezg7fi]“Pity that ..some other time I hope.”
[t:10ezg7fi]He says , as he exits the alley and heads towards the noise and crowd of the tavern on the farthest end of the street.
She watches him leave, and then calls her shadows around herself again, enveloping her body in the comfort she finds in their embrace . Enshrouded in the shadows she leaps up , gliding on the wings of darkness she lands softly on the roof tops again.
[t:10ezg7fi]Nightfall crouches on the roof of the tallest building of the city like a gargoyle on a cathedral .She watches the town below, her cloak billowing back in the nighttime breeze, her face over her mask pensive with thought.
[t:10ezg7fi]She had gotten the information she needed from the dark skinned man at the resort. She had found the tiefling as master had requested. So why did she feel this overwhelming urge to return to the resort? Why did she keep seeing that man’s face in her mind? Her mind kept flashing back to the way his eyes had burned into hers, his hands so dark against the paleness of her flesh.
[t:10ezg7fi]With a growl of displeasure she twirled up and around in her shadows, leaping again and disappeared.
[t:10ezg7fi]She tried not to think what she was doing as she stalked through the forest of doors , in her home plane. The shadows beckoned to her , urging her to play but she ignored them, striding on and through the hazy door that lead to the resort.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Nightfall 3

Post by Nedylene »

[t:w1kcdxdu]The hooded woman crouched in an alleyway watching the nearby warehouse warily. In her hands was a parchment, she looked down at it and glowered. This job was bigger than anything she had ever undertaken, so big she was almost certain it would be the last job she would ever do. But if that was how it was to be than that is what she must do.
[t:w1kcdxdu]She shrugged off the cloak , pulling her hood down to reveal a somewhat plain young woman with cold grey eyes. Her only true beauty was in the wealth of her long shining black hair, that fell unbound in an waving ebony cloud around her half naked shoulders and back. She wore a dancers costume , a tight bodice that revealed more than it hid and a long diaphanous skirt that swirled about her naked feet. When she got up to move towards the warehouse tiny bells around her ankles jingled softly.
[t:w1kcdxdu]A man stepped out of the shadows near the warehouse and watched her approach, looking her up and down. The woman responded to him in a husky rich voice,
[t:w1kcdxdu]“The boss called for a dancing girl.”
[t:w1kcdxdu]The man sneered and nodded,
[t:w1kcdxdu]“Come on in then.”
[t:w1kcdxdu]He said , turning to press on a stone in the warehouse wall revealing a secret door. The woman went to enter, her hips undulating with each movement. The man seemed to approve , for he smiled, giving the woman’s ass a sharp pinch as she walked by.
[t:w1kcdxdu]The woman didn’t seem to notice, she only walked through the door and into the noisy smoked filled thieves den.
[t:w1kcdxdu]The raucous glare of the blazing fire competed , its light dulled by the thick cloud of tobacco and opium smoke. She grimaced as her bare feet moved across the floor, sticky with spilled booze and the Gods themselves only knew what else. A foul smelling man to her right grabbed her long hair, yanking it hard and pulling her closer to him. She moved away from him swiftly , leaving a handful of her black curls in the man’s grimy hand, but she showed no sign that it had pained her, only continuing her trek towards the closed door on the far side of the room.
[t:w1kcdxdu]As she neared the door two men stepped forward , guards apparently for one of them fingered the hilt of the blade at his hip. But he looked her up and down , seeing the costume and the thick kohl outlining her eyes and nodded, stepping aside to open the door for her.
[t:w1kcdxdu]“Boss?”
[t:w1kcdxdu]The guard said as she entered the room,
[t:w1kcdxdu]“Your whore is here.”
[t:w1kcdxdu]In front of her was a garish chamber, garish for to see such fine furnishings in a building so decrepit and decaying could never be anything but.
[t:w1kcdxdu]A man sat behind a desk , his back to the door he faced the fireplace. All she could see from where she stood was his ringed hand, holding a thick bejeweled wine decanter.
[t:w1kcdxdu]The woman’s first thought was that for a thief king this man was a fool. She would never have allowed anyone to enter a room and kept her back turned. Then she heard the click as the man slowly revolved in his chair.
[t:w1kcdxdu]In the hand she had not seen the well dressed man held a small looking glass that he had been using to watch her as she came into the room. In his lap was a wicked looking throwing dagger . He smiled at her , showing a mouthful of rotting teeth and the lie that his fine expensive garments hid.
[t:w1kcdxdu]“Search her.”
[t:w1kcdxdu]He said simply to his guards, one of which grinned as he stepped forward , sneering,
[t:w1kcdxdu]“With pleasure , boss.”

[t:w1kcdxdu]The woman stood very still as the guards ran their hands over her body, pinching her nipples as they searched between her breasts, even running their hands up the crack of her ass and grabbing roughly between her thighs.
[t:w1kcdxdu]The man who hadn’t spoken yet , ground his erection against her ass hard before stating,
[t:w1kcdxdu]“She’s clean , boss.”
[t:w1kcdxdu]And stepping away.
[t:w1kcdxdu]“Leave us then.”
[t:w1kcdxdu]Said the thief king , and his minions stepped back towards the door, their eyes still burning into the tall slender woman’s form.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Nightfall 3

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1irixwz6]She didn’t move , merely watched the thief king with her cold, dead grey eyes. The man circled her slowly, taking in her long legs , the muscles of her bare abdomen and her arms .Her fingers were long and elegantly shaped , but her nails were cut brutally short. He pinched her chin brutally between his fingers , forcing her to look into his eyes.
[t:1irixwz6]“Rather plain piece aren’t you? Save for this perhaps..”
[t:1irixwz6]He grabbed a handful of her long thick hair , yanking it hard.
[t:1irixwz6]“I don’t need beauty to give a man pleasure, milord.”
[t:1irixwz6]She whispered, her rich husky voice belying the truth of her words, as her long fingers sought out the ties on the man’s tunic.
[t:1irixwz6]He slapped her hands away roughly, barking,
[t:1irixwz6]“I say when we begin , girl.”
[t:1irixwz6]And wrapped his fingers in her hair , forcing her down to her knees before him.
[t:1irixwz6]She immediately took a submissive pose, going to her knees , and crossing her arms behind her, her gaze averting down.
[t:1irixwz6]He chuckled,
[t:1irixwz6]“You’re a good girl , I see. Perhaps I shall have fun with you.”
[t:1irixwz6]Standing before her he pulled his semi hard cock from his breeches and slapped her roughly across the cheek with it. She opened her mouth dutifully for him , holding her jaw relaxed even as he slammed his cock so hard into her mouth it scraped her teeth. She suckled and ran her tongue along his member as best she could as he ground himself against her mouth , his belly pressed against her nose.
[t:1irixwz6]Fortunately for her he came fast, but he came hard, his thick semen choking its way down her throat, leaving her no choice but to swallow. But still no emotion crossed her cold grey eyes and she stayed kneeled her hands still crossed behind her.
[t:1irixwz6]“On your feet girl.”
[t:1irixwz6]The thief king grunted as he slid his cock from her mouth.
[t:1irixwz6]She stood slowly , her gaze still averted as the man walked over to the edge of the bed and sat.
[t:1irixwz6]“So you are a dancer? Then dance for me , whore.”
[t:1irixwz6]Her arms sliding to her side she moved towards the bed, her hips undulating like a snake as she walked . She stopped before him and she started to move, raising up on the tips of her toes as she danced.
Her hips rolled before him, tiny beads in the sheer gauze of her skirt catching the light as she danced. She spun about , her silky hair brushing against the man as she turned.
[t:1irixwz6]He chuckled and caught her by the hip , pulling her closer as she danced , until she was standing between his thighs her hips still rolling and undulating .The man leaned forward to lick at her nipple , erect against the thin fabric of her bodice . Her arms moved up , hands brushing against her own curves , her fingers twining in her own hair.
[t:1irixwz6]“Maybe you aren’t so plain..”
[t:1irixwz6]The man whispered, still licking at the soft flesh of her breast , her nipple, as her hands moved with a purpose inside her own long thick hair, moving towards what appeared to be a tiny comb , a small cheap jewel that decorated her rich locks.
[t:1irixwz6]With a flick of a wrist she freed the jewel from her hair and slid out the 12 inch long blade. The blade was as thin as grass but sharper than a diamond, and it slid very easily into the soft flesh of the man’s throat , and just as easily out the other side.
[t:1irixwz6]The thief king didn’t even have time to scream, he could only gurgle a trickle of blood from his lips as he clumped forward against her. She stepped back slowly letting the man’s corpse slumped to the ground, as she slipped the dagger back into her hair.
[t:1irixwz6]That was the easy part, she thought to herself, now comes the hard part. She yanked the rings from the dead man’s hands and jerked his body from off the floor , dropping him unceremoniously on the bed and throwing the coverings over him.
[t:1irixwz6]Moving back to the chair he had sat in before she turned it to face yet again the fire and picked up his wine decanter from the desk. She looked at the fire a moment then tasted the wine in it. She nodded a bit and smiled. It was a good vintage, a bit rich for her tastes and the absinth in it spoiled the bouquet but otherwise a good wine.
[t:1irixwz6]Hoping her informants had been correct she cleared her throat and in a voice that matched to the pitch the man she had just murdered she barked,
[t:1irixwz6]“Gibson!”
[t:1irixwz6]One of the guards that had brought her into the room stuck his head in the door.
[t:1irixwz6]“Yes, boss?”
[t:1irixwz6]“I had an accident with the girl, take care of it for more.”
[t:1irixwz6]She could hear the jiggling of the rings in the man’s ear as he nodded,
[t:1irixwz6]“Yes, boss.”
[t:1irixwz6]“They just don’t make em like they used too , eh Gibson?”
[t:1irixwz6]Gibson chuckled,
[t:1irixwz6]“No boss I guess they..”
[t:1irixwz6]His voice trailed off as he looked at the body he had just unwrapped on the bed. The man went to shout but without moving from her chair or even turning the woman flung the thief kings dagger behind her , catching Gibson between the eyes, the blade sinking deep into the man’s brain.
[t:1irixwz6]He fell forward onto the body of his boss. Two down , a bunch to go.
[t:1irixwz6]Stepping leisurely towards the door , she opened it slightly and looked out. The other guard was watching a whore dance on a nearby table. The whore had her skirt flung up high enough to show her hairy pussy , and she was kicking her legs up high, but in her drunkenness she swaggered and swayed and eventually fell off the table al together, much to the laughter of the men and women around her.
[t:1irixwz6]The guard himself chuckled slightly and that’s when the woman grabbed him by the back of the head , with a brutal twist she turned his head until he was looking at her , though his torso was still facing the opposite direction. His neck broke a dull crack and she stepped back as the body slumped to the floor.
[t:1irixwz6]She dragged the body of the guard into the room and checked it, gathering from it what weapons she could find from both the guards and the room of the thief king.
[t:1irixwz6]She dipped her finger in the blood at the thief kings mouth and moved to a nearby wall. There she painted a mask, a little reminder for the next silly mortal who dared call himself the God of Thieves.
[t:1irixwz6]Breaking off a chair leg and wrapping it in fabric soaked with oil she made herself a make shift torch and with a spirit born of resolution she stepped out the door to greet what remained of the thieves den.
[t:1irixwz6]The woman grimaced as she flicked a piece of grey matter off her arm. It looked like brain mater but how did she? Then he turned and looked at the thief by the window who she had beat with a club as he had screamed and tried to claw his way out. Yes, that’s where the brain matter had come from.
[t:1irixwz6]With a great deal of difficulty she got out of the last chair that remained unbroken. It was quiet in here now , peaceful even, with the fire place roaring behind her , even though the smell of burnt flesh and hair was extremely unpleasant , what with the whore roasting still inside it.
[t:1irixwz6]The thief she had hung from a rafter twitched and she gave his leg a yank to make certain he was dead. Unfortunately the rope held but his neck didn’t and the corpse fell to the floor , his head rolling behind him a few moments later and splattering the woman with a spray of blood and viscera.
[t:1irixwz6]She grimaced and wiped it off but it wasn’t going to help much. She was head to toe blood , the sheer gauzy material of her dancers costume was soaked with it , and she had to keep wiping her forehead because it dripped into her eyes. But there was nothing to be done for that now, she had done her job , killed the thief king and all 128 of his followers.. Then she stopped and looked around, counting the bodies around her. She was missing 40 ..She was missing 40 thieves.
[t:1irixwz6]She started moving more rapidly towards the door , limping for she had most certainly not escaped without being wounded. If she didn’t leave soon , if she didn’t get healed, she would die . If she didn’t leave soon and the other 40 returned, they would kill her before she could die.
[t:1irixwz6]As she rushed to the door she grabbed a mans filthy cloak and rubbed it across her mouth and forehead, still tripping and stumbling as her own blood was now mixing with that of the thieves‘. She had almost made it to the door , was almost to freedom and the Temple in the alleyway several block away that would heal her, almost , but the door swung open.
[t:1irixwz6]The remainder of the thieves den had been on a large job, the woman’s informants had neglected to tell her that . But the job was over now and they stepped back into their lair wide eyed at the destruction.
[t:1irixwz6]The forty men looked at the bodies all around them, they looked at their king , who he had propped up in his chair and moved to the doorway so his corpse could ‘watch’ what she did to his men.
[t:1irixwz6] They looked at her. She crouched down and let the dagger in her sleeve slip down to her waiting hand. If she was to die now , she would die like the demigoddess she was , not like the street whore her mother had been.
[t:1irixwz6]The thick scent of fresh urine joined the myriad other foul smells that accompany a blood bath such as this, as one of the forty promptly pissed himself in terror.
[t:1irixwz6]Another of the men stammered softly,
[t:1irixwz6]“Her face ..in blood she bears the..”
[t:1irixwz6]“A mask!”
[t:1irixwz6]Another man whispered , and the man who had pissed himself murmured,
[t:1irixwz6]“It is Mask!”
[t:1irixwz6]Her cold grey eyes hid her surprise, the blood on her face was in the shape of a mask . They thought she was her master! But she said simply.
[t:1irixwz6]“No ,I am not Mask.”
[t:1irixwz6]But as she spoke all the forty were hitting their knees , bowing before her.
[t:1irixwz6]“Please Goddess Spare us !”
[t:1irixwz6]They pleaded as she spoke. She sneered as the realization dawned on her of what she could gain.
[t:1irixwz6]“I will spare you , but you must give me worship as is proper and I shall teach you how to destroy your oppressors.”
[t:1irixwz6]Her rich husky voice moved through the terrified crowd like a drug into a vein. Sweet and intoxicating.
[t:1irixwz6]In response the forty thieves prostrated themselves before her , one of them whispering,
[t:1irixwz6]“But what shall we call you Goddess?”
[t:1irixwz6]“I am Nightfall, The Mistress of Pain. The Goddess of slaves, thieves, murderers and whores.”
[t:1irixwz6]She felt the surge that rippled through her body as the men called out her name . The power that awakened her birthright. She heard her Master’s scream of rage and she laughed. The Goddess Nightfall had been born..

[t:1irixwz6]