Live at the Apollo

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Live at the Apollo

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Last New Year's Eve, after the toasting and all that at noon, my family and I sat in the living room with the tv on, changing channels to see if there was anything on that was somewhat tolerable to watch. And we came across Live at the Apollo (reruns I guess).

Now, we aren't really ones for comedy. Most comedy is either just not funny or has us, at best, smiling at nice jokes (oii, I'm sure that paints a grim picture of my family... I'm exaggerating somewhat though). But this show pretty soon had us all in stitches and we couldn't stop laughing.

Unfortunately it was already late and the show(s) lasted until 5am in the morning so we never got to watch it. Pretty much the last bit we saw before turning in I'll put below.

This is my favorite section from British comedian Al Murray (aka The Pub Landlord), who usually isn't one of my favorites. But I thought that his bit about Hell was quite hilarious. Unfortunately it's a somewhat awkwardly cut video; it should've cut off the beginning and end as it's unrelated, but still worth a watch I think.

[youtube:26klvrfc]y1_QlR_S8DU[/youtube:26klvrfc]

So if you've got other bits you liked (there was one Welsh comedian as well whose name I don't recall who was incredibly funny) then link your videos below. Could be from Live at the Apollo or from other comedy stage performances, but let us see and laugh along with you. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Alak Xiltyn
Regular

Post by Alak Xiltyn »

Absolutely brilliant.

I watched something similar done with American accents but the guy was not as good nor did he get them right. - Still trying to find it

Gotta love being from the Midwest, stick me into a room full of English speakers and regardless of their native accent they WILL understand me.

Couldn't find it so heres some Eddie Izzard:

[youtube:ziebsnb5]1hJQsvoY6VU[/youtube:ziebsnb5]

Hard to top the British accent for dry sardonic wit.
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire