Ed Does Drow.

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Ed Does Drow.

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

So I'm reading a new book by FR creator Ed Greenwood called Dark Warrior Rising, and I was wondering if anyone else has read or heard of it. I'm only about 1/6th into the book, so I can't tell much about it yet except that it's based more on Norse dark elves, and has NOTHING to do with Faerun or it's dark elves. Very good so far though. Thoughts, anyone?
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

I must admit that I hadn't even heard of that book.

I'm glad that you like it though. Might be worth looking further into. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

I haven't heard of it either, know if its on the Kindle? what I'm I saying I'll look it up myself.
I'll add it to the list of books to read.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

I don't know if it's on Kindle yet, but I finished it some time ago, and it is indeed quite good. I love Ed's take on the Norse dark elves, and these "drow" (they are never called that, but look and act much the same) are somewhat different from the ones we are all used to. For starters, there is nary a spider in sight. They are divided into two groups, who worship rival deities, and war against one another. The main character is a human who was captured as a boy during a surface raid and made a slave to work their forges. His owner is a dark elven female who enjoys tormenting him and showing off his skill as a smith for her House's glory. There is also a second book, which I've not yet read, called Dark Vengeance. They are well worth a read!
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Cipherof3vil
Maid
Maid

Post by Cipherof3vil »

They sound good. Maybe if its not on the kindle I'll find it online somewhere. theres few things I can't find online..