picture: Zena'Luae - prismatic drow

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

picture: Zena'Luae - prismatic drow

Post by PhaeShalee »

(edit)

Nearly finished... I still need to fix up the background and put in a few touch-ups.

[img:2ouh9zex]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/ ... Luae-1.jpg[/img:2ouh9zex]

(older message)

I haven't had a chance to finish this yet, so currently it's a Work In Progress. Zena is from FR (an NPC who was bouncing around in the background of my home rp for the last couple of years) but has moved over to Dragonstar, and learned of raver culture, mp3 players, music videos and DDR.. and is probably never going back. O.o

(edit) More technically, Zena is sort of from Forgotten Realms, she was raised in Eilistraee's realm, the daughter of an epic level adventurer mage who is one of the faithful of Eilistraee. I had the character concept for a long time and wasn't sure how to fit her in, and my husband suggested that she was the daughter of the enigmatic temple mage.

I'm just sharing a few of the stages....

The blue lines... initial rough sketch.

[img:2ouh9zex]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/ ... elines.jpg[/img:2ouh9zex]

A lot of the parts on the sketch are currently omitted from the lines, due to they will need some different details such as glowing and such.

The lines...
[img:2ouh9zex]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/ ... ineart.jpg[/img:2ouh9zex]

Partially coloured...
[img:2ouh9zex]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/ ... uaeWIP.jpg[/img:2ouh9zex]

I added a temporary dark background so her colours show up better.

I don't know, something was lost in between the sketch/lines/colouring... her face doesn't look quite as cute. I have a bad tendency to overshade my pictures, I may still try to adjust that.

Her wings... the tines will be like her tail, black near the body with speckled scales becoming more covering near the edges, and the 'webbing' will be more like prismatic light, much like how they show the wings of Prismatic dragons on NWN.
She has a flaw of motes of light constantly eminating from her, so I'll set up some motes around her body.

I need to add the jewelry, glow sticks, piercings and such as well.
Last edited by PhaeShalee on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(Holy Liberator as optional core class, basically CG paladin)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Wow. Very nice, Phae. Wish I could draw as well! (Without taking weeks to do it, and starting over a half-dozen times, anyway...)
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

It's all fun an games until she realizes all that glitter is *never* going to come off.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Hey since when is shiny a bad thing :p ;) Look at me; I'm sheathed in Platinum dragon armor for crying out loud.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Wow, very much impressed, again. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Rhei Lor'akris
Regular

Post by Rhei Lor'akris »

Very nicely done. I especially like the dreadlocks, eyes and that lil smile on her face, so cute. ^.^
PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

It's not glitter, she's just sparkly. ;)

Okies, I would have had this long done, but due to the heat wave I can't stay in my computer room for more then a few minutes without the sweat literally rolling off of me. (This room is like a hot box/sauna in the summer.)

So before the heat got too bad yesterday I worked some more on Zena, I finished up most everything on her, save for needing a decent background. I'll just show her in png format, so the background is missing there anyhow. ^_^

And I know, I know (before it's mentioned) prismatic dragons are shown as this fushia colour, but the description says that they have reflective scales that show prismatic hues... so I'm thinking that they're supposed to have more of an irridecent look (and Lockwood, who's art I just adore, either missed that cue or was trying to just make the fushia colours around the dragon reflect).

Mind you, irridecent is really hard to draw, so I just went with a prismatic gradiant for the moment, she's supposed to reflect and shimmer with colours... maybe I can get that effect with more practice. ^_^;

Aaaand... here is the final image.

[img:1w2o70b8]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s34/ ... Luae-1.jpg[/img:1w2o70b8]

She may still need a few touch ups, and possibly the background fixed a bit, it's still plain.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Argh! She sparkles!!! Stake her!!! JK. No, really, I love this. I'm SOOO jealous of your skills, m'dear.

PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

Noooo, she's not a sparkle vampire! lol

She has the flaw of phantom spark, I thought it was suiting for a half prismatic dragon...

[i:1pt4pet2]You spontaneously emit bursts of colored light. These lights are completely out of your control and cannot be used as a light source. They only cease when you are unconscious, petrified, asleep, or dead. You suffer a -4 penalty on all Hide and Spot skill checks.[/i:1pt4pet2]

She also has inattentive, which is due to her having music–color synesthesia (a form of colour perception where you see colours when you hear music), I made sure to take colour darkvision as a feat, just due to that. ;)

You know, I keep thinking that the original bangs looked cuter then the adjusted ones. Her hair was coloured in a different layer, so I may do a second version with the bangs back to the original way to see if it looks better.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Frankly, when I hear the term "prismatic dragon" I would expect something colorful like this. So I think you made the right choice there.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

i so envy your work. so i noticed ur elves have very long pointed ears, is that the correct porportions or a personal preference?
just curious
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
PhaeShalee
Maid
Maid

Post by PhaeShalee »

[quote="Narsia Ny'Dhun":1jwcqkvp]Frankly, when I hear the term "prismatic dragon" I would expect something colorful like this. So I think you made the right choice there.[/quote:1jwcqkvp]

I know right? It could also be that I don't like fushia/magenta (those purply/reddish pinks), so I may have wanted to subcontiously changed it. lol

[quote="Inriiaynrae Jaelre":1jwcqkvp]i so envy your work. so i noticed ur elves have very long pointed ears, is that the correct porportions or a personal preference?
just curious[/quote:1jwcqkvp]

I don't know if there are any correct proportions, it seems to vary from artist to artist. I've seen elf/drow images with ears so small they may as well have been half elves, and ones with super long, tapered ears. I guess that it's personal preference, I always thought that it gave them a very 'fey' look about them. Looking back at even some of my doodles from my late teens, my elven characters from back then had the long ears as well.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

I have to agree with Aylstra, you are good. Wish I could draw that good lol. Good work, keep it up :D .
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Myself, I prefer a mid-range length to elf ears. The really long ones look like antennas (radio, not bug), and the small ones just don't stand out enough. A little longer than a human's but clearly tapered, is how I like 'em. But yours are so cute!