More Drow Art Gallery

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Re: More Drow Art Gallery

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="galadhion":d5c4jqiz]It's not a scimitar, but a new weapon that I'm designing for the Eryndlyn book. The sword dancers used bastard swords in 2e which don't exist in 5e. Also, elves get Dex bonuses rather that Str bonuses and the Sword Dancers are always described as lithe and graceful. So I'm making a Miyeritar Blade, which is a two-handed martial weapon with the finesse property that does 1d10 damage.

I'd call it a moon blade, but there are so many of those that it would just be confusion. So the idea is that the knowledge of how to make the swords was discovered in Miyeritar and was lost for the most part during the Dark Disaster. Only the smiths of Eilistraee know how to make the swords, and they don't share the knowledge outside of the faith. That's why the blades don't appear in the PHB and are exceedingly rare.

Faeryl has one. As does Phaedra Zauvirr. You'll meet her in the Eryndlyn book where she's a major protagonist at the Haven.[/quote:d5c4jqiz]
Ooh, I very much like that idea. Then again I like having toys that nobody else can have. ;)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

This is Phaere, she is one of my first NPCs.

Original page: https://www.deviantart.com/art/Commissi ... -729993247
[img:15gkgjaw]https://img00.deviantart.net/a6d7/i/201 ... c2mae7.jpg[/img:15gkgjaw]

For those who want to know more, Phaere is a young dark elven priestess of Eilistraee, and quite the definition of a stormy girl. She's a passionate artist and a wandering performer: a thrill-hunting bohemian who lives with intensity, extravagance, and without rules. A virtuoso of the violin (actually, of the shalaquin, but w/e) and a sublime dancer and acrobat, she gets a high from performing and seeing the expression and feeling of rapture that she causes in those who witness her.

She's a dreamer and a traveler, a wanderlust adventure-lover who wants to experience everything the world has to offer to the fullest, and to let herself be filled with marvel and emotion. Due to what she lived through, she's extremely attached to Eilistraee--as one of her priestesses, she strives to bring joy, create beauty, and defeat tyranny wherever she goes.

At her core, she's a charming, eccentric, wild, irredeemably naughty, adorably impish, daredevil rogue, who just loves to cause mischief wherever she goes—and to do it with unique, unmistakable style. She's reckless to the bone, and enjoys the feeling of adrenaline that comes with tempting fate and challenging the mighty for a cause that she believes in.

Phaere is extreme in everything--she has this unmistakable personal flair that puts in all she does. She is a huge tease, and loves to amaze, impress, and to elicit powerful emotions, so she always acts artful, elegant, theatrical, even dramatic: whatever she does, she wants to look memorable and enchanting while doing it (there's a reason why she's standing on a lamp-post, or why her clothing is so out of place for a medieval-like fantasy setting).

That said, due to a brutal past, all of this came as a desperate attempt to establish her own identity, and to fill a void that she constantly feels inside (for a reason that is hard to explain without telling her story). After nearly losing her sense of self and having her personality shattered, she is obsessed with defining herself, her style and principles that are unique, visceral, and stand out anywhere, to make her truly “Phaere”. Due to those experiences, she has a darkly romantic, mysterious side: there are certain moments when she just cannot help but give in to the fleetingness of life, and this can reflect on her art, words, or decisions.
Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

Wow, that art is beautiful. And she sounds like a fun and interesting character to play. :)

Thank you for sharing.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

[quote="Shir'le E. Illios":21ewgufd]Wow, that art is beautiful. And she sounds like a fun and interesting character to play. :)

Thank you for sharing.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le[/quote:21ewgufd]

Thank you, I loved the art too. I was surprised, honestly, it was as if the artist read my mind.

I would explain this NPC, but it would require me to first talk about some stuff that in my campaign is drastically different from how it is in the Realms. That would take me *a lot* of time, and it would only end up being a tedious read.

It is indeed a blast to play her, when she makes an appearance. One of the fondest memories that I have is when my players were working to hunt her down (she was/is a wanted criminal). She had some crazy fun time toying with them and teasing them, and a huge mess ensued from that, even tho it didn't end too well for her. I'm just glad that they spared her and grew fond of her.
Irennan
Champion

Post by Irennan »

Looks like someone else asked the same artist that drew Eilistraee and my character, to also draw another follower of Eilistraee: a rogue proudly wearing the Dark Maiden's old symbol on her belt.

https://www.deviantart.com/art/Commissi ... -735318562