Your favorite book.

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Your favorite book.

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Right now i just started reading Saving Private Ryan. So i really dont have much to say about it right now. But how bout you guys? What is your favorite book? Or just your favorite part of any book.
Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Post by Zzadrina Kel'Shri »

-drops a three story stack of books in front of her- owo
I like alot of 'younger' kids books, which is what I'm reading lately just for the heck of it..The last series I read(I think) was Percy Jackson and the Olympians, because I love greek mythology and such. ^^ I was pretty suprised, I thought it would be pretty juvenile sounding, but the series rocked! :angel:
" Hey Lil, what''''s going on in the world news today?"
" Some woman got whacked!"
"....Apparently, this is cause for celebration in Lil Land."
--My friend and I
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I'd recommend anything writen by David Gemmell.

He is a master of heroic fantasy.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

Though I dont have alot of time to read I have been listening to audio books lately so I can still enjoy them. So right now?

The 'In Death' series by J.D Robb.

I love it :D
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

Personally i am a big fan of anything written by R.A Salvatore or Piers Anthony. Specifically i love the Incarnations of immortality series by Anthony and the Drizzt books by Salvatore
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

There's been too many to state a favorite, so I'll just settle for what I'm reading currently.

Children of Hurin by Tolkien
Dune by Herbert
Master and Margaret by Bulhakov
Brides from Stepford by Ira Levin
The far rainbow by A and B Strugatzky brothers

Ok, I've made up my mind. Lately I really like fiction from the period between 1950s and 1990s from estern Europe and Russia. It's excellent. Take the Strugatzky brothers. One is a physicist the other an astronomer. Together they wrote incredible stuff. Should anyone of you come across one of their books, I recomend reading it.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

Robin Hobb :love:

Terry Pratchet :love:

Ursula le Guin

Julian May

David Eddings

Robert E. Howard <yes a girl can dig Conan :p >

Neil Gaimen
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

This is turning more into a 'favorite author' thread but...

Jacqueline Carey('s Kushiel series).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Alright, fav books:

The keys to the gates of paradise by Robert Vardeman [bloody brilliant]

The Chronicles of the Jerusalem Man by David Gemmell [3 books in the series]

The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers

The Art of war by Sun Tzu [its fascinating]

The Book of 5 Rings by Miyamoto Musashi

The Prince by Macciavelli

Magician, Silverthorn and A Darkness at Sethanon by Raymond E. Fiest [I want Peter Jackson to make them into a film!]

Legionairy by Simon Scarrow [the rest of the series are dam good too ;) ]

The Watchmen by Alan Moore :) and V for Vendetta as well :devil:

to name but a few

;)
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Another book im a fan of: Servant of the shard, by R.A. Salvador, only read book one but its a cool series so far.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

Wow Gareth you just kinda jumped right into the series lol. If your intrested in that line of Salvatore's novels the first is Homeland, that really those three are more a prequel series to the Icewind Dale Trilogy
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

I can't believe no one has yet mentioned Elaine Cunninghams Daughter of the Drow trilogy? :eek: ;)

:love: Liriel
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

And speaking of Elaine Cunningham (I a fan as well) Dark Journey (a SW novel) and there's gonna be a second SW novel by her soon.
Dostrealt
Maid
Maid

Post by Dostrealt »

[quote="T'risstree Helviiryn":gzhkqs3l]I can't believe no one has yet mentioned Elaine Cunninghams Daughter of the Drow trilogy? :eek: ;)

:love: Liriel[/quote:gzhkqs3l]

I've not read them yet. :-[

But I do want to track them down. I certainly loved Elaine Cunningham's [i:gzhkqs3l]The Radiant Dragon[/i:gzhkqs3l]. There are no drow in that book, but it does contain a powerful female lead in the form of Celestial Nightpearl (a powerful space dragon who likes to disguise herself as beautiful women). :love:
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

i seem to have stumbled on to a book thread! :D

i love(just about) all books i read so naming my fave would be very,very,very,very difficult if not down right impossible
but i can name a few of my all time faves

anything with Asimov,Bradbury, and Clarke

watchmen & v for vendetta [i:1pzn9elj]remember remember the 5th of November[/i:1pzn9elj]

the warhammer 40k space wolf novel series as well as the last chancers series-gav thorp for the chancers and William king and others for the space wolves

starship troopers-Robert helin

the raven- edgar allan Poe

...and that's it at the top of my head for the second but there will be more coming soon until iv filed up the entire post with my list and then the forum,AND THEN THE ENTIRE WEBSITE! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA :evillol: :devil: :evillol: :devil: :evillol: :devil: