The Official Eilistraeen Music Thread

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

The Official Eilistraeen Music Thread

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

While our High Priestess and Mistress of Music is off dancing somewhere [I'm sure she is having fun ;) ] I thought that we should have a dedicated thread that hosts songs and music that has a defiante Eilistraeen theme to it.

Please add your contributions if you really think they are in the right theme for Eilistraee. :D

Shir'le was inspired by Regina Spektors song, "The Call" and wrote out this lovely interpretation:

[quote:1l6udap8]
[i:1l6udap8]It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word[/i:1l6udap8]

It started with a feeling of desiring for redemption and then this feeling, this desire, turned into a hope. But the hope was still too fragile to voice and thus remained a thought at first. Until, perhaps by those with the same thought finding each other or by a certain degree of bravery, this thought was whispered and passed on.

[i:1l6udap8]And then that word grew louder and louder
Til it was a battle cry[/i:1l6udap8]

And thus Eilistraee’s faith secretly, but steadily, grew and spread. Until it turned into a religion to battle the evil of the drow and fight for redemption of our kind. This is how our religion came to be; from a fleeting feeling steadily and quietly growing into a song.

[i:1l6udap8]I'll come back
When you call me
No need to say goodbye[/i:1l6udap8]

So it was and so it will be again. It might seem that “I” (Eilistraee) is gone, but she will be always here for you to call her back. Don’t say goodbye, as she is still here, waiting for you.

[i:1l6udap8]Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never
Been this way before[/i:1l6udap8]

The world might seem different now and it might feel like things will never be the same again. But it has been like this before; Eilistraee wasn’t always around and it was this feeling growing into a hope, growing into a thought, growing into a word and finally a song that gave rise to her. We are at that place again, in between the beats of the song. Things always come around again.

[i:1l6udap8]All you can do is try to know
Who your friends are
As you head off to the war[/i:1l6udap8]

Don’t stop the fight, don’t stop the dance. Stay with your friends who share in your feelings, who share in your dreams and hopes and stand to fight together. Stand to keep the hope alive together.

[i:1l6udap8]Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light[/i:1l6udap8]

Even if there might be no moonlight to guide you then there are always the stars. Don’t despair and see only the darkness, but notice the little points of light on the horizon and follow those.

[i:1l6udap8]You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say good bye[/i:1l6udap8]
(x2)

When you found the light in the darkness, you will be back to share it with the rest. So don’t worry about wandering off in your search; you know that there is always a place for you here to return to. No need to say goodbye as we’ll always be here for you.

[i:1l6udap8]Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and no one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget[/i:1l6udap8]

We are back at the beginning, back when Eilistraee’s faith wasn’t well known and wasn’t that strong. Back when people didn’t really understand the feeling of redemption. But simply because they don’t understand it yet, simply because they don’t feel Eilistraee in their hearts yet, doesn’t mean that you should let go. Keep Eilistraee always in your heart and she will always survive.

[i:1l6udap8]Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
Til they're before your eyes[/i:1l6udap8]

Remember, foster your feelings, let them grow and thrive within you. That way you will automatically carry them out and they will become more than you. Hold Eilistraee within you and nourish those feelings.

[i:1l6udap8]You'll come back
When they call you
No need to say good bye[/i:1l6udap8]
(x2)

Hold her within you and sooner or later they will realize and re-discover her. And at that time they will call you back to guide them, to show them Eilistraee’s light.

So hold on to hope, find comfort and strength in your friends, and know that she will always be there. [/size:1l6udap8][/quote:1l6udap8]

[youtube:1l6udap8]-hQMPclXx_Q[/youtube:1l6udap8]

:angel:
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

I see someone stole my idea and ran with it. :p

The Voice is easily the best song I could think of to fit this theme, and it gives me tingles every time I listen to it. Damn good start, Tal.

This song I think represents a "I am always with you" song, that I believe fits the Lady's vigilant nature.

[youtube:3nqxtp74]faKFcfytlxU[/youtube:3nqxtp74]

Celtic Women is such a wonderful source.
Harl l'drathir udos alure, Eilistraee lu'Anixiel ulu kyorl udossa zuch
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

A good idea needs willing hands to be carried forward and yours was a wonderful idea Narsia :D

[bows to her with a smile and hands her a rose picked fresh from the temple gardens]

[img:4sk9cnot]http://ysanames.files.wordpress.com/200 ... -rose1.jpg[/img:4sk9cnot]

Annie Lennox has a song which I've always felt is quite beautiful and the lyrics seem to fit the theme.
Don't be fooled by the title though and ignore the film clip, just listen to the song :angel:
To me it is a song that Eilistraee sings, she sings of the loss of her people to darkness but she also pledges hope for the future with the promise of the heavens being there for the drow, shining stars of brightest gold if they but come into her arms, she will set their spirits free.

[youtube:4sk9cnot]vhG8zC4npsE[/youtube:4sk9cnot]

[color=blue:4sk9cnot][i:4sk9cnot]Come into these arms again
and lay your body down
The rhythm of this trembling heart
is beating like a drum
It beats for you it bleeds for you
it knows not how it sounds
For it is the drum of drums
it is the song of songs

Once I had the rarest rose
that ever deemed to bloom
Cruel winter chilled the bud
and stole my flower too soon
Oh loneliness Oh hopelessness
to search the ends of time
For there is in all the world
no greater love than mine.

Love o love o .... still falls the rain
Love o love o .... still falls the night
Love o love o .... damned forever

Let me be the only one
to keep you from the cold
Now the floor of heaven is laid
with stars of brightest gold
They shine for you they shine for you
they burn for all to see
Come into these arms again
and set this spirit free [/i:4sk9cnot][/color:4sk9cnot]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Talwyn Aureliano":3ukv99c5]Annie Lennox has a song which I've always felt is quite beautiful and the lyrics seem to fit the theme.[/quote:3ukv99c5]
Ooh, Interview With A Vampire. I used to steal my brother's soundtrack CD and listen to that specific song late at night in bed before sleeping. :D Lovely.

As for my own contribution... this song I'm considering Shir'le's theme song (just ignore the video).

[center:3ukv99c5][youtube:3ukv99c5]WykVliSEAZQ[/youtube:3ukv99c5][/center:3ukv99c5]
Lyrics with my (Shir'le's) personal Eilistraeen explanation:

[center:3ukv99c5][color=blue:3ukv99c5]I'm a Candle in the wind,
My future flickers for my eyes.[/color:3ukv99c5][/center:3ukv99c5]
My life was (is) hard and my path fragile, my future uncertain. It felt that I stood alone as a light in the darkness, assailed from all sides by those wishing to extinguish my flame.

[center:3ukv99c5][color=blue:3ukv99c5]I'm to restless to be satisfied with silence,
So I'll push further through the night.[/color:3ukv99c5][/center:3ukv99c5]
I could have remained quiet, but something inside me didn't allow me to sit still. I had to speak out and push on, continue to move through this darkness and holding up my flame for others to follow.

[center:3ukv99c5][color=blue:3ukv99c5]Say you want to put me out and then I'm wrong,
No I've heard those lies before[/color:3ukv99c5][/center:3ukv99c5]
"You" (being those who disagreed with me and sought to kill me) wanted to extinguish my flame and silence me, because when they did they would prove me wrong. But I come from a Lolthian society where I have heard such lies before. This was not going to stop me.

[center:3ukv99c5][color=blue:3ukv99c5]'Cause the fire inside, it just keeps burning,
Just won't stand it anymore.[/color:3ukv99c5][/center:3ukv99c5]
I had to move for I felt something burning inside me that moved me to action, that made me unable to stand still and just take what "you" seek to do to me at face value.

[center:3ukv99c5][color=blue:3ukv99c5]You came along, you pulled me up when I was down
The way you made me feel just took me by surprise.[/color:3ukv99c5][/center:3ukv99c5]
Here (and from this point onward) "you" chances to mean Eilistraee. I was in despair, the fight alone against the darkness seeming too hard, overwhelming. Then suddenly there was Eilistraee, lifting my spirit and suddenly everything fell into place. And I felt that, yes, this is it. This is what makes sense.

[center:3ukv99c5][color=blue:3ukv99c5]You took my hand, you stole my heart, you fed the fire.[/color:3ukv99c5][/center:3ukv99c5]
Eilistraee guided me from that moment on, taking me by the hand. And from that moment my heart and soul belonged to her. And that flame that flickered inside me was given new strength by her, letting me see that I indeed was right and this was the right path.

[center:3ukv99c5][color=blue:3ukv99c5]When you moved with me you gave me back my life.[/color:3ukv99c5][/center:3ukv99c5]
Within the dance, when Eilistraee is with me in my every step and movement, my every action, my life makes sense and has purpose. And everything in my life is right.

[center:3ukv99c5][color=blue:3ukv99c5]Let the spirit move me!
Let the spirit move me![/color:3ukv99c5][/center:3ukv99c5]
Let the spirit of the dance move me to action, let me seek the harmony that life should be.

[center:3ukv99c5][color=blue:3ukv99c5]Let your spirit move me!
Let your spirit move me![/color:3ukv99c5][/center:3ukv99c5]
I surrender myself to Eilistraee and move with her in the dance, the dance of life as our harmony seeks to put things right in the world.

[center:3ukv99c5][color=blue:3ukv99c5]Let the spirit move me!
Let the spirit move me![/color:3ukv99c5][/center:3ukv99c5]
The spirit of the dance, Eilistraee's spirit, the spirit of harmony and what is right in the world... let it all move me as we dance through our life.

Something along those lines. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Delightful Shir'le :)
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

Fantastic, all of you. Unfortunately my computer broke down, and I can't be all that often as I used to and can't really compete with you all for the greater joy of the Lady's followers.
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Let's not forget

[youtube:9moxb9vj]iEqpdSKdpxs[/youtube:9moxb9vj]

Classic
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

edit: Shir'le can you make this thread a sticky please? :D

Alright,

I've thought about this song for a while and I think it fits this theme of Eilistraee.

[youtube:6xx5ihug]ugu5mSdN_ls[/youtube:6xx5ihug]

[color=blue:6xx5ihug][i:6xx5ihug]Restless heart, it has been a long time
Out here on the journey, for a glimpse of paradise
It's getting hard to find a place to go
Where peaceful waters flow.[/i:6xx5ihug][/color:6xx5ihug]

The drow have beset with war, murder and strife for thousands of years yet some yearn for something different.
Their restless hearts long for a glimpse of the surface world, though many don't know it.
Being prisoners of the Underdark, they almost never find peace and a significant number long for a place where peaceful waters flow.

[color=blue:6xx5ihug][i:6xx5ihug]I took a walk past the old saxon well
Down by the cathedral, I heard the chapel bell
And joined the people singing for a way to go
Where peaceful waters flow.[/i:6xx5ihug][/color:6xx5ihug]

This speaks of the community the Eilistraee seeks to build with her people and others through acts of kindness and charity.
Harmony with all, voices raised in song in the temples.

[color=blue:6xx5ihug][i:6xx5ihug]And if you don't know by now, you never will
Only love can find the door
If you could see it now, it's in your hands
Only love can reach the shore, to heaven[/i:6xx5ihug][/color:6xx5ihug]

This is the core of her true message: that the only way to defeat hate is through love and the only way to paradise and salvation is to reject Lolth and embrace the love of the goddess.
Love is the best weapon against hate.

[color=blue:6xx5ihug][i:6xx5ihug]Always, she is standing by my side
She's my inspiration, and she's my battle-cry
And in her arms is the only place I know
Where peaceful waters flow. [/i:6xx5ihug][/color:6xx5ihug]

Where ever you go, the goddess is with you.
Let her name rouse you in battle with your enemies, let it be the rally call to drive on your allies.
Your soul, no matter what happens to your body, will be carried in her arms and you will find peace at the end of your journey.

[color=blue:6xx5ihug][i:6xx5ihug]And if you don't know by now, you never will
Only love can find the door
If you could see it now, it's in your hands
Only love can reach the shore, for evermore
Where peaceful waters flow.
Where peaceful waters flow.
[/i:6xx5ihug][/color:6xx5ihug]

If you can't understand her message, then you are lost and will never find peace, only suffering and torment.
Reject Lolth, her hatred and madness and embrace the love and the light.
You can see it now, the key has always been in your hands. Only by letting the goddess and her love into your heart can you find your way to heaven.
And like the ancient elven greeting, "Soft winds and sweet water", the idea of heaven is a place where peaceful waters flow.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

This one's in Swedish, but I think it definitely fits the feeling of joy of the Goddess! It's called "Hall Om Mig" or "Hold Me Now" in English.

http://www.imeem.com/sasuketeme/music/m ... ll-om-mig/
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Celessarel
Maid
Maid

Post by Celessarel »

@Aylstra: Where did you learn to read minds? :)

I'm just writing a prayer song to Eilistraee for live-roleplaying using the melody of this very song.

I found another song which would fit perfectly for Eilistraee. Trigardon by Jan Hegenberg. Actually it's about the fantasy country of Trigardon and the moon goddess is called Riasina, but everything about the goddess matches perfectly what we know about Eilistraee.

Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKPXF-gF ... re=related

English Translation of the Lyrics:

I want to tell you
About joy and happiness
About the fun of being alive
About Trigardon's soul
Who shines brightly
Above us in the night sky

Honour to the goddess
of the moon, of the night
Riasina as she is called
Whoever you are
Wherever you are
She knows your life and loves it.

Chorus:
I dedicate my soul
To the silver goddess
And my heart to the fire alone
Deny the foe's blades my blood
Trigardon, my life belongs to you

So know that everyone
Who promotes joy
Is in the favour of the moongoddess
And all his life
he walks safely by her side
As her silent companion

Chorus:
I dedicate my soul
To the silver goddess

So let us celebrate
From the depths of our very soul
Let's drink and dance together
And show our lady
That our path
Is set by her light.

Chorus:
I dedicate my soul
To the silver goddess
Yasunia
Maid
Maid

Post by Yasunia »

Very first entry. Finally found out this one favorite of mine is actually titled Beautiful. And not the title of the album itself. The line You, you put the sword in my hand alone makes it sound like a lovesong by a dark elven male to Eilistraee. Although maybe it is because of the spider on the cover of the second album, I cannot help getting a more Lolthian vibe. Beauty of this Pain and Overwhelming Power for example.

http://www.amazon.com/Strange-Angels/dp/B0013OB0MO
Yasunia
Maid
Maid

L'ame Immortelle - Judgement

Post by Yasunia »

Enjoyed this one song for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVhnQpRcts8
Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

[youtube:3h3nwtpp]qPNY8NaVPBE[/youtube:3h3nwtpp]

This song I believe goes together well with The Voice.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[color=blue:rswu02pv][i:rswu02pv]The corn is high underneath the moon
And Winter comes, it seems too soon
For Time waits not for woman or man
And Death rides out across the land

Our dark mother Queen of the Night
Through Death's door guide us to the light
Through the pain set us free
Let us be reborn again

Now Death has come, and Death has kissed
Death's bitter song is upon the mist
The dreams of youth bring a cynical smile
But my true love shall never die

Let us be reborn again

The buds have blown and the flowers have gone
The once firm breasts hang wrinkled and long
The Wheel of Fate is a spinning round
The Autumn leaves are upon the ground

Let us be reborn again[/i:rswu02pv][/color:rswu02pv]

[youtube:rswu02pv]L5l7BVefkqk[/youtube:rswu02pv]

Narsia Ny'Dhun
Resident

Post by Narsia Ny'Dhun »

Gooood one Tal