Its a weird world

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

[img:1xxw68ei]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t56/ ... _orbit.jpg[/img:1xxw68ei]

QUICK! DO IT NOW!
Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Post by Shir'le E. Illios »

[quote="Thalon Mercrow":ckkz8bng]England
In the England it is illegal to sell most goods on a sunday, (this law is mostly ignored), it is however legal to sell a carrot. It is also legal to sell it at any price and to give free gifts with it, such as anything else one might want to buy on a sunday![/quote:ckkz8bng]
Though I rarely do my shopping on Sunday, it's a good thing I pretty much always buy carrots then. :p

And you guys have me in stitches with this stiff. :D

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

[youtube:33f7dxu4]fp8BAUb4K0M[/youtube:33f7dxu4]

Presenting my signature gestalt weapon: [i:33f7dxu4]The Catgirl Grenade.[/i:33f7dxu4] Yes, I have rules for them. Yes, in SEVERAL systems. Be afraid, BE VERY AFRAID.
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

heres something i came across today while eating some chines for breakfest.

Travelers' Tales: Adventures, Mishaps and the Just Plain Bizarre
An ostrich delivers a birthday surprise in South Africa, a lucky piece of jewelry comes to the rescue in Thailand, a miscommunication at an Italian deli and more.

By Budget Travel readers

We're all choked up

In 1965, I was 19 and studying in Paris. One afternoon in the Tuileries Gardens, a handsome young officer chatted with me in French. He made up a fanciful tale of a "tradition" in which an officer encountering a pretty American girl in the garden must exchange his eagle epaulet for a kiss, and he gave me the emblem from his uniform. Enchanted, I accepted it and we exchanged a brief kiss. I also gave him my U.S. address. Recently, I came across the eagle and my first passport while going through boxes at my mom's house. And then, a few months later, a postcard from Marseille arrived. I guess Jean-Claude had been reliving his youth, too. The card said simply (in French, of course), "Remember that afternoon in the Tuileries?" Oh, yes! Forty-plus years later, I still remember it well. Nancy J. Shephard

Can't wait to see what you do next year

During a South African vacation last April, my husband and I made a stop at Highgate Ostrich Show Farm in Oudtshoorn. A guide took us out to see and touch the ostriches, and he asked if anyone would be interested in riding one of them. It was my birthday, and I thought, What a great way to celebrate! I figured that the guide would have me climb on the ostrich and then he would lead the bird around the corral. I was in for a surprise—the ostrich took off running! Christine Kasprzak, Franklin, Wis.

Medium rare, right?

When I studied in India in 2007, we stayed at a royal palace in Dhrangadhra in the state of Gujarat. The palace was predominantly Hindu; all the food there was vegetarian. This was great for me but tough for most of the group. One day, some of the guys were reminiscing about the best steaks they'd ever eaten, and the palace staff overheard them. Before dinner one night, the cook let us know that the meat eaters were in for a treat. The anticipation was high—7 p.m. couldn't come fast enough. At dinner, the waitstaff brought out our plates, and on every one was...a can of Spam. Not quite what the guys expected, but they accepted it with good humor. Kaitlyn Potzick, Louisville, Ky.

Best jewelry purchase ever

My boyfriend and I rented a motorcycle in Chiang Mai, Thailand, and sped out of the city in search of a waterfall. Everything was gangbusters until we hit a hairpin turn on a mountain road and crashed. I smashed into the pavement. A few minutes later, a motorbike rolled up. I must have looked terrifying, all covered in blood, but the girl on the motorcycle pointed at my neck and said, "Blessed." I was wearing a jade Buddha amulet I had just bought, and the woman, May, said the Buddha had told her to stop for us. She led us to her village, where her family got medical supplies and cleaned us up. In the local temple, May gave us a special blessing. After many thanks, we left the village, found the waterfall, and went to an emergency room on the way home. My X-rays, medication, bandage, and doctor's visit came to $11! Ashley Garbin, Denver, Colo.

So that's what kids are learning these days

My wife and I took our niece to Italy as a high school graduation gift. She had studied Italian in school, which we thought would come in handy. When we had trouble changing our order at a deli, my niece offered to step in and handle it. I was beaming with pride until she shouted at the man, in English, "They don't want that sandwich!" So much for those Italian lessons. Dean Miller, Ridgefield, Conn.

Gives new meaning to "natural hazard"

While golfing on Sanibel Island, Fla., I scored my only eagle (two strokes under par). I hit my second shot on a par four hole onto the green, but I was still about 30 feet from the cup. I was walking to my ball when out from the grass came a three- or four-foot alligator. It crossed the green and slapped my ball with its tail, and the ball rolled toward the cup and … in! My partner said we'd count the hole as a two because the alligator was a natural hazard—and it was a heck of a shot for a reptile. We later asked the course pro for a ruling, and he agreed. Edward Tubbs, Boiling Springs, Pa.

Saving the world, one turtle at a time

My buddy and I were visiting the Kerkennah Islands off the coast of Tunisia and hired some fishermen to take us on their morning rounds. After a few hours of harvesting 650-foot nets (catching mostly squid), we were ready for something more exciting—and then we pulled up a sea turtle. Excitement turned to devastation when we learned that the fishermen intended to keep the turtle and sell it; apparently the risk from bringing back an illegal catch was small compared with the potential profit. My friend and I talked it over and decided to buy the turtle ourselves. We forked over about $30—then asked them to release it, to their great amusement. I'm not sure we made much of a difference to the species, but we did make a difference to that turtle!
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

:eek: the fear of god has now forever been placed in my heart :eek: and on that note what show was that
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

....do you know, I have no idea. I just found it while browsing and loved it so much that I brewed up a set of rules for it. I believe that my best usage was against an opponent ordered to keep us from [place of plot interest] who showed a rather obvious taste in busty girls, but it turned out that he also bore a geas that forbid him to strike a woman. He didn't stay in our way long. :lol:
Thalon Mercrow
Resident

Post by Thalon Mercrow »

useing my vast inteligence and the godlike power of the internet iv found out that the serius is called Rizelmine

[u:26jh0h45][b:26jh0h45]plot summery[/b:26jh0h45][/u:26jh0h45]

Tomonori Iwaki is a 15-year-old student who likes older women. Having just discovered that his teacher (upon whom he has nursed a massive crush) is engaged to be married, he comes home to find, much to his dismay, that he has been forced by "Power Of The State" to marry a 12-year-old girl named Rizel, who is the government's first creation in its experiments to genetically engineer a human. Whatever resistance Iwaki's parents might put forth is immediately dissolved by promises of free HVAC, promotion, and government paid home loans (all instituted by "Power Of The State", of course). Despite Tomonori's protests, Rizel and her three secret service guardians known only as Papa A, Papa B, and Papa C move briskly into Tomonori's house, and the stage is set.

Rizel's tears contain the same make up as nitroglycerin and as such are explosives which creates a need for constant repair in their house; a running gag is that at the end of each episode, Tomonori calls Rizel an idiot, causing her to cry and thus cause an explosion. Rizel, with the help of her Papas, tries as hard as she can to win Tomonori's love. However, Tomonori is still in love with his teacher. Other characters creating an ever-tangled love web are Ryunosuke Hououin, who is in love with Rizel, and Kyoko Yachigusa, who is in love with Tomonori. Both try their best to prevent Rizel and Tomonori from getting close to each other. Later on Tomonori finds out that Rizel is the older woman he fell in love with when he was young but she was unable to grow after they met because she fell for him too, and she needed more than just the love from her "papas". When he learns this, Tomonori realizes that Rizel is his older woman.

nice work on useing his geas aginst him by the way alothe how you got said grenade seems...quistiable at best:D
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Oh, my characters always get to make their own stuff. Potions are best, but enchanted weapons rock too.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

ahem...back on topic ;)

[youtube:20jb9uzr]7mFJdOsjJ0k[/youtube:20jb9uzr]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

[youtube:sbgpp4ep]Cl5Pfc5TyO0[/youtube:sbgpp4ep]

Om nom nom nom nom nom. <3
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

Most amusing :D

[youtube:2y1etoys]CiFWZ8MC2cE[/youtube:2y1etoys]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

[youtube:176jqbzm]RxUbwteSWVk[/youtube:176jqbzm]

I lost. >.>
Argoth
Demigod

Post by Argoth »

I won.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident