Music, music, music...

This forum is to post all the fun, weird and wonderful things you come across on your travels (on the Internet). Movies, flash, pictures, stories… if you think it's something enjoyable and want to share it with the rest of us then this is the place to post it.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Irennan
Resident

Re: Music, music, music...

Postby Irennan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:32 pm

I found this truly beautiful, so I wanted to share it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUlX8ltm_JU

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Postby Shir'le E. Illios » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:17 am

Mmmm, yes, that was quite beautiful. Thank you.

And reminds me to post the following song I've also found quite beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoQO7e2THIw

I've also been quite enjoying this particular trance remix of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBdQJ_P_XY

I like this a bit better than the Armin van Buuren remix (I've been going on a bit of a trance trip lately).

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le
F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:40 am

I enjoyed both the original and the remix, thanks for sharing!

Orin
Traveler

Postby Orin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:47 pm

Irennen, I really enjoyed Hurts Like Hell. It's deeply moving and was inspirational to the story I am working on. So thanks.

Shir'le, Sorry was sad and sweet and wonderful. The singer has a truly unique range that lends the song a slightly haunting quality.

Gonna bring in a little bit of joy with These Words, one of my favorite songs to listen to when I'm having block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWako3_ENlk

Also, have you guys heard of Spacemind?

I also just wanted to take a minute and say how much I appreciate the level of respect and courtesy that everyone on here shows to one another. I know that it might be second nature to you, as I feel it is to me, but it's refreshing and awesome and awesomeness should be acknowledged. Even if there is no charge for it. :D
Let not the biting, callous and sometimes cruel words of unenlightened and uncaring minds sway your heart from your passions. For it is your passions that are the language with which your soul speaks to the world.

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Orin wrote:Irennen, I really enjoyed Hurts Like Hell. It's deeply moving and was inspirational to the story I am working on. So thanks.

Shir'le, Sorry was sad and sweet and wonderful. The singer has a truly unique range that lends the song a slightly haunting quality.

Gonna bring in a little bit of joy with These Words, one of my favorite songs to listen to when I'm having block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWako3_ENlk

Catchy song, and I love her enthusiasm and joy in the video. Thanks for showing this to us.

Also, have you guys heard of Spacemind?

No, but I googled it, and it seems to be ambient music. Good for inspiration, or to help to concentrate, or when you want to set a theme (even tho Spacemind seems to lean towards futuristic/tech themes. I really like some of them).

I also just wanted to take a minute and say how much I appreciate the level of respect and courtesy that everyone on here shows to one another. I know that it might be second nature to you, as I feel it is to me, but it's refreshing and awesome and awesomeness should be acknowledged. Even if there is no charge for it. :D

The same goes for you, I enjoy talking to you.

This forum is not very active, but I always enjoy visiting it. It feels like a sort of small, intimate sanctuary, in a sense. As if it truly was an online shrine to Eilistraee :P

Orin
Traveler

Postby Orin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:56 pm

Irennan wrote:No, but I googled it, and it seems to be ambient music. Good for inspiration, or to help to concentrate, or when you want to set a theme (even tho Spacemind seems to lean towards futuristic/tech themes. I really like some of them).

The same goes for you, I enjoy talking to you.

This forum is not very active, but I always enjoy visiting it. It feels like a sort of small, intimate sanctuary, in a sense. As if it truly was an online shrine to Eilistraee :P

My favorite is Moonsong (for a long time now) it got me through a lot of long nights. Another really good one to relax and focus to is Forgotten Station. He is more in the realm of futuristic, but more over like ETs and the like. Huh...that just made me think of a neat thread to post about...

I enjoy talking to you too and I agree completely, this site is very much a shrine to the Goddess. Out in a moonlit clearing, in some forest of the internet. ;)
Let not the biting, callous and sometimes cruel words of unenlightened and uncaring minds sway your heart from your passions. For it is your passions that are the language with which your soul speaks to the world.

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Wed May 09, 2018 1:59 am

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Postby Shir'le E. Illios » Wed May 09, 2018 9:19 am

That was quite lovely, thank you. :)

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Audiomachine is one of my favorite composers. I'm really in love with their latest album

Here's a piece from it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXRhMej7esg

The rest can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/user/audiomachine1/videos

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Postby Shir'le E. Illios » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:20 am

That's... hauntingly beautiful. Wow. Thank you.

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:55 pm

Indeed. And the beauty of this composer is that they have made music capable of evoking whichever kind of feeling; from adrenaline, to wonder, eeriness, courage, hope, majesticness--you'll probably find something that's perfect for it.

Orin
Traveler

Postby Orin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:11 am

I'm not sure if you guys have heard of her, but Malukah is one of my favorite independent artists. She's also, to reference another conversation, got a very drow sounding accent which I find pleasing to listen to. :D This song, while not inspired by anything drow or Eilistraeean, is definitely moving and definitely one of my favorite songs. Irennen, I thought of you when I was listening to this today and it's why I wanted to share it. :)

I hope all of you enjoy it. Have a wonderful day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re32xny ... F9&index=3

Irennan
Resident

Postby Irennan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:18 am

Orin wrote:I'm not sure if you guys have heard of her, but Malukah is one of my favorite independent artists. She's also, to reference another conversation, got a very drow sounding accent which I find pleasing to listen to. :D This song, while not inspired by anything drow or Eilistraeean, is definitely moving and definitely one of my favorite songs. Irennen, I thought of you when I was listening to this today and it's why I wanted to share it. :)

I hope all of you enjoy it. Have a wonderful day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re32xny ... F9&index=3

The song is beautiful, I really enjoyed it. The nostalgia, tho. The Mass Effect games were among the very few that actually gave me powerful emotions, this hits straight in the feels, heh.

Shir'le E. Illios
High Priestess
High Priestess

Postby Shir'le E. Illios » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:30 am

Malukah is wonderful, yes. I think she got mostly known for her cover of Skyrim's The Dragonborn Comes. And if I'm not mistaken she worked with Jeremy Soule on his new album The Northerner (if he ever finishes that... it's been taking a while).

Here's one of my favourites of hers, her cover of Leliana's Song from Dragon Age: Origins (mostly because of the emotions I've got with that):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zgsPO48wvw

Love -x-x-x-

Shir'le

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-
Chosen of Eilistraee

Orin
Traveler

Postby Orin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:41 pm

The entirety of Mass Effect was an extremely important emotional journey for me too, Irennen. My wife as well, as she watched me play them all front to back. We had to stop playing three a few times, because we couldn't stop crying about certain parts. (no spoilers here though!) I'm not really huge on tattoos, but N7....N7 is a tattoo that I might get. I'm glad this song moved you as much as it did me.

Shir'le, that is a wonderful cover of an awesome song from a great game. I really need to pick up Origins again. Maybe I'll start a huge Bioware countdown event! Especially considering I've done almost none of the DLC from either games. Origins also had my favorite mage build that was noticeably absent in the other games, The Arcane Warrior.

Gods....I literally MISS Varick...Mordin Solus too. "sigh"

Another great song from Malukah is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72oJGTPSWIM

I'm not a huge fan of Halo, but this is one of the heartrendingly emotional, romantic stories of love in it's purist form. These two individuals are intimate on a level that most human beings can't understand, but they've never really been together. They can't. It's so sad and so sorrowful...and SO beautiful. The last lyric is also one that speaks to me as an...admirer and ally of the Dark Maiden.

Return to “On Promoting Joy”